Another new source

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amey01

Reaction score
I've just ordered a Musical Fidelity X-DAC v3 - should be a good upgrade on my original X-DAC, but it's a long cry from the Tube Technology Fulcrum DAC64 I had my eye on. Oh well - WAF prevails......And a happy wife is a happy life......

Pics to come......

Oh well - WAF prevails......And a happy wife is a happy life......

Pics to come......

That's true.

Congrats on the new DAC... looking forward to pics and impressions! I've had my eye on that DAC as well, never got around to pulling the trigger though.

Joey

Well, the V3 is all set up - all I can say is WOW.

Only an initial first listen as wifie was asleep and yelling at me to turn it down.

Soundstage is wider, deeper and the best part - sooooo much more precise. Even better than all of that, it is so much more STABLE - one of the things that annoyed me most about my system previously was that the soundstage jumped around a bit depending on frequency - it just didn't give that dead-stable centre image - but now, wow!

I am also appreciating a lot more definition, particularly in the upper-treble.

I'd love to use the veil cliché but won't!

When I have time, I'll give impressions of this versus my Marantz 8300 playing redbook and SACDs. That should be a shootout!

Attachments

• IMG_0016a.jpg
    IMG_0016a.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
BUT........I still want that Tube Technology Fulcrum DAC64!!! haha - one day.

Attachments

• tt.jpg
    tt.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 113
Tube64.. one day.. one day!!

Congrats on the piece... that image solidity is really something, huh? Love it!

Back