All analog

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Satch

Reaction score
Now I have to figure out where to put the digital stuff. It's all disconnected and I'll have to build some kind of cabinet and do a little re-arranging. I had to take out the table I used to hold the Oppo, Benchmark and SB3 to make room for the ASC 18" Sub Trap that is under the Depth i. BTW the Sub Trap really helps keep my floor from vibrating. For a while I thought the grout on my tile floors was going to liquefy. Behind the Vistas are Real Traps MiniTraps and I have MiniTraps behind my chair and MondoTraps in the rear corners and Tri-corner traps in the top corners.

I've been having a great time going through a friends old collection of records that are in fantastic shape and looks a lot like the collection I used to have and there is also some great bootleg Hendrix albums in the mix! And Yes Doug I'm cleaning all the records with the VPI 16.5 record cleaner before I listen to them. My personal collection has grown from six, when I first got the Scheu Analog player, to over a hundred with more on the way...

Satch

Attachments

• 000aaanalog.jpg
    000aaanalog.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 179
Record cleaner

So, just curious how you are liking the record cleaner? I for one believe that analog would not have the same listening experience without it. I have had my Nitty-Gritty for 20+ years and replaced the "cleaning lips" several times and the thing works great.

Have you done any comparative sessions? Llisten without cleaning, then with cleaning. It can be an eye opener.:eek:

Your system looks killer BTW.:D I am still working on the Redwood slab cabinet/ shelf for my listening room. Hope to complete it sometime before I die!!!!!:mad:

Hey Doug,

Yes, I've done comparison tests with and without cleaning and also one cleaning and two cleanings. I don't need to tell you the deference, I'm sure we'd agree on that! Also the Zerostat by milty is a must after cleaning each side!

Did you notice the ASC Sub Trap? I think anybody that has their listening room upstairs with a crawl space under their sub should consider this. IMH(newbie)O.

I was listening to some Bob Marley with a friend tonight (Natty Dread and Kaya) and I've never heard Aston 'Family Man' Barrett's bass tone sound so good!

I'm still waiting to hear more about your Viet Nam tour...

Satch

Satch,

Congrats on the analog set-up, Now you also know the benifits of a RCM !

Keep spinning that 'Black Pizza' !!

Thanks Dave,

I've come a long way from the days when I had to tape a penny or two on top of the cart. to keep the railroad spike of a needle from jumping the track:D

Most of the albums that I'm listening to were designed to play the whole side as the songs flow from one song to the next. Beatles Abby Road and the white Album are good examples of this. Remember the cool new F.M. radio stations of the late 60's early 70's when they would play whole album sides? Jeeze I'm Old!

Satch

Back