A tribute to my Dad

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
This past weekend we hosted an excursion on one of our railroads in upstate NY (Mohawk Adirondack & Northern) to honor my Dad (25 years retired) and his 41 years of service to NYC, PC and Conrail.

We used Dave Link's private car for our journey from Utica, NY to Thendara and back, complete with a First Class Pullman meal served on board. Blount Special passing Prospect, 5-3-15, Taibi.jpgBlount Special, Holland Patent, 5-3-15, Taibi.jpgIMG_0085.jpgIMG_0077.jpg the last pic (myself, Dad and my brother) all of us railroaders, with 120 years of railroading

Wow! What a lovely, incredible way to spend a day cherishing your dad, Dave. I am amazed.

Sweet! What a great idea! Didn't even know it was possible to have a "chartered private train" trip!

Wishing your Dad many more years of traveling adventures!

That is a very unique way of celebrating this milestone. Everybody in the pics look cool. Way to go Dave.

I'm glad it looks like the weather worked out perfect for all of you. Very neat way of honoring a career.

Wow, that is just plain cool. I envy you being able to spend time with your Dad. My Father passed away at the young age of 54.

Dave , what a great memory you will always have of that trip with your Dad ! That is an awesome experience.

Larry

?......the last pic (myself, Dad and my brother) all of us railroaders, with 120 years of railroading
Very nice of and considerate of you Dave, but aren't you guys railwaymen, not railroaders? I thought railroading was something entirely different.

And if you're railwaymen, where are your hats ? Or are they only for the engineers?

Bernard, I suspect either would apply but here in the US, 'railroaders' is the common reference. In so far as the hat thing, my brother is the only locomotive engineer(only wears a hat in the winter) out of the three of us, Dad was and I am, in the management side of the industry…….thus no hats……caveat, sometimes when operating my live steam outdoor railroad in my back yard I'll put on my Kromers hat !

Bernard, I suspect either would apply but here in the US, 'railroaders' is the common reference. In so far as the hat thing, my brother is the only locomotive engineer(only wears a hat in the winter) out of the three of us, Dad was and I am, in the management side of the industry…….thus no hats……caveat, sometimes when operating my live steam outdoor railroad in my back yard I'll put on my Kromers hat !
Dave, you missed it that I was trying to be a smartass....railroading someone has a different meaning.

Bernard, the funny thing is 'railwaymen' is a common term used in Europe so I'm told !

Back