System #47 (CLS)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Criminal! Get them fixed immediately! Spank, spank - bad boy!:ROFL:

I know, I know...the poor things just sit gathering dust. One of the bass panels need replacing after a cat tried to run up it. The cat is long gone and the speakers are still here. We now have fish.

Spent some time today to fix an SAE A201 and SAE MK2200 amplifiers. Two more working systems now in the mix.
sunroom020411.jpg

Luther , I love the old Sinclair sign , what a cool room.

Last edited:
I've had this little PC music server sitting around for a couple years. My issue was wanting a control that didn't require a keyboard, mouse and monitor. Well everything came together recently and now it is a fully functional remote controlled music server.

PC windows based playing FLAC files via Foobar2000. It is controlled by an iPad running a Foobar2000 app; MonkeyMote.

musicserver.jpg

Is that a pair of yellow M&Ds I see there? Which ones are they if so... and do you like them?

Nice pics.

Mark & Daniel Maximus Mini
Incredible sound stage and bass from a mini monitor.

I think the same about my Sapphires.

They are very amp sensitive - they will readily show when they haven't got enough power - and they do need a lot. The soundstage can become absolutely vast with the right amp setup and a very big room - whereby they can amaze. I've had a few people seem genuinely very impressed in that scenario. Conversely, they can sound pretty poor with an underpowered amp. They do not like vinyl as an input much either in my experience, tending to highlight its flaws.

Feeding mine with an old mid-80s Luxman at the moment, but they deserve better. The Luxman does well, but a recent Audio Research LS2.5/Krell KSA50 combo bettered it albeit with some slightly strange treble colouration - but that may have been due to a cheap CDP with a modified tube output stage hanging out the back on wires. I suspect a cheap high power class D amp and a tube pre would work well at modest cost.

Hi Wardsweb!

Have you tried those Shanling SP-80 mono blocks with ML´s?

Hi Wardsweb!

Have you tried those Shanling SP-80 mono blocks with ML´s?

Yes I have and they do a very good job. Although I think a little more power would be a benefit with the electrostats. The tubes really add to the liguid midrange.

The only contant is change. The sunroom is simplier with my new custom horns. They are CNC bubinga with CNC aluminum vanes.

2397n.jpg

Yes I have and they do a very good job. Although I think a little more power would be a benefit with the electrostats. The tubes really add to the liguid midrange.

That´s nice. Is there any other amp that you can compare to sound of those Shanlings?

From the left:

Shanling CD-T100
George Wright WPS04 power supply for phono pre
Final Labs Music-3 integrated EL34 tube amp , the one and only prototype ever made.
George Wright WPP200C phono preamp
Roksan Radius 5 turntable with custom bubinga plinth, RB251 arm and Rega Exact cartridge.

From the left:

Shanling CD-T100
George Wright WPS04 power supply for phono pre
Final Labs Music-3 integrated EL34 tube amp , the one and only prototype ever made.
George Wright WPP200C phono preamp
Roksan Radius 5 turntable with custom bubinga plinth, RB251 arm and Rega Exact cartridge.

What a cute phono preamp that is. Just been Googling, and they don't make it anymore. Shame as its replacement is rather mundane looking to say the least.

EDIT: confused with Wright Audio. Do Wright Sound have a website?

Last edited:
Love all your systems. My wife thinks I am mad and I only have two. Just wondering what type of platform you have under the turntable. I have the clearaudio master reference and get some feedback from the sub and want to put something underneath it to try and isolate it better.

Latest posts

Back