System #361 (CLX, Descent i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Necrosuit

Reaction score
1. Member Name: Pete

2. Location: CT, USA

3. ML Model: CLX & Decent i

4. Year Purchased: 2011

6. Associated Electronics: Ampzilla 2000 MKII Mono Blocks. Thor Audio Mjollnir Control Amplifier. AMR CD-77.1 Modded by Avatar Accoustics. Clearaudio Concept TT, CA Basic + Phono stage, CA Meastro cartridge, PS Audio PPP, Sonos Server

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
My dad has been into ML for over 20 years and Hi Fi audio for over 35 years. After years of going to his house and admiring the sound of his Prodigy's I have finally made my move into the Audiophile world. A very good move :) I had ML Vantage last year and after 6 months, I needed bigger panels and purchased the Spires.
Well after another 5 months I just needed to have the CLX :)

Attachments

• CLX_System1.jpg
    CLX_System1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 1,021
  • CLX_System2.jpg
    CLX_System2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,014
Last edited:
Welcome!
Very cool system with interesting and carefully selected components. Must play wonderful music..

Hey Pete, always good to have another vinyl guy in the fold ! I can tell you're young...........no way I'd bend that far over to operate my TT !

Hey Pete, always good to have another vinyl guy in the fold ! I can tell you're young...........no way I'd bend that far over to operate my TT !
Dave, what you mean to say is that you could not bend that far over, right ?

^It's not the bending but getting back up... :p

Thanks guys! yea its been a fun year with audio and I truly have the bug. I am fotunate to be able to have multiple amps and friends with gear to try out and swap around. I still have my DK design MKIII amp and will test back and forth with the Ayon, my dad will also be bringing over his AMR CD-77 modded for some fine listening as well. If theres others in CT into hi-fi and want to share some listening, let me know! or even NY, mass, penn etc. I must say though the Ayon in triode mode is pretty damn amazing, im also running the EAT tubes in the ayon. cheers!

Hey guys,

Here’s an updated picture. I added the Atom-12 Auralex bass trap system to my room. This has made a huge improvement with standing waves and overall sound. I still have lots to do in a small room, but it’s coming together. Any suggestions are always appreciated! ---Pete

Edit 2011: this is a old image from the previous system.

Attachments

• basstraps1.jpg
    basstraps1.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 3,256
  • basstraps2.jpg
    basstraps2.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,906
Last edited:
Thanks! yea Im real happy right now.

I drove to Thor Audio yesterday and had the TA-1000 upgraded with better caps and wire, waaaaay better! cheers---P

Nice System!

But if you really want to hear those CLX's sing, line the front wall with RealTraps MiniTraps HF and place some mondo traps in the rear of the room and be ready for some seriously clean audio.

I had some of those Auralex 'traps' they don't compare to the Realtraps stuff. Seriously, you'll be amazed.

But if you really want to hear those CLX's sing, line the front wall with RealTraps MiniTraps HF and place some mondo traps in the rear of the room and be ready for some seriously clean audio.

Do you think using RealTraps' HF MondoTraps along the front wall would be even better? (I'm considering doing this with my room.)

Nice System!

I had some of those Auralex 'traps' they don't compare to the Realtraps stuff. Seriously, you'll be amazed.

Noted! My room is in need of better traps! I will check out the goods and let you know. thanks!

Back