System #356 (Summit X, Stage, Script i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squasher100

Reaction score
Name -Arif

Location - San Carlos, Ca

Speakers(s):
Front - Summit X's :music:(upgraded from Aerius i's - June 2010)
Center - Stage (upgrade from Cinema - Sept 2010)
Surround L/R - Script i's
Surround Rear L/R - Vanquish (August 2013)

Year Purchased:
2003 , 2010, 2013

Associated Electronics:
Processor - Krell S1200U
Amps - Krell Evo 402e powering the stereo front L/R (added August 2013), Krell TAS powering the rest
Sub - JL F113 (from Velodyne HGS-10)
Projector - Runco VX-1000c
Blu Ray - Oppo BDP-95 (upgraded Feb 2010 from the Oppo BDP-83SE).
NAS - Qnap TS-869Pro (not shown) - (added April 2013)
HTPC - Custom
Line Conditioner - Adcom

Will post new pics soon!

Attachments

• DSC_3927.JPG
    DSC_3927.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 2,051
  • DSC_3928.JPG
    DSC_3928.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 2,732
  • DSC_3929.JPG
    DSC_3929.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,944
  • DSC_3931.JPG
    DSC_3931.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 2,201
Last edited:
You are right. However, as you can see, I don't have much space due to the fact that the screen position was limited due to some switches on the right of it. Do you think I the should move the left speaker further in?

just a suggestion, you may want to exerience with some room treatments behind your ML's and on the side walls to take you system up to the next level... just sayin!

You are right. However, I just got my JL Audio F113 and Summit X's are on the way! Will take of wall treatments after that!

On The Summit X bandwagon now

Got my new Summit X speakers today and they sound NICE :music:! Posted updated pics in the beginning of this thread. Still need to integrate / fine tune the JL F 113 better but the mid and highs sound great. Could someone give me some advice on how they have set up their F113 with the Summit X's? I have a Krell S1200U processor which can make the front speakers cut out at whatever frequency and send the rest of the info to the sub. Or, I can run them full range and let the sub only do LFE. Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Nice system. Looks like you might have to move the screen, thermostat, and electrical over a bit to fit the CLX speaker system.

Last edited:
Thanks. I thought I priced a Summit X's quite low to sell quickly, but no luck yet :(. Maybe posting on Audiogon would be a better way to go.

Looks nice - can't wait to see those CLXs in there!

After much thought and debate, I stuck with the Summit X and am quite happy with them. Bought a new Wadia 170i and now looking to upgrade my projector! The new Wolf Cinema unit looks very promising! Any advice from the group here? So many ways to spend your money :D! Still haven't had the time to do wall treatments, but that is also on my short list of projects.

Will post new pics soon.

Hi Squasher
I have the Summits with the F113 in a stereo only setup, similar sized room and I have the LP Frequency set to 50hz the phase at 180 also have the 50hz set to -1 on the speaker to get rid of a bit of bloat, its worth experimenting. I would use the X's full range, you paid for it - use it
regards
Ron

Thanks. Will try it out.

Hi Squasher
I have the Summits with the F113 in a stereo only setup, similar sized room and I have the LP Frequency set to 50hz the phase at 180 also have the 50hz set to -1 on the speaker to get rid of a bit of bloat, its worth experimenting. I would use the X's full range, you paid for it - use it
regards
Ron

Back