DH Labs Power Plus Power cords

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been itching to get all my wire from the same manufacturer, which is DH Labs. Have their IC's and speaker wire.

The cost per cord, if purchased new and assembled, is $235.

Just ordered material from DH Labs for two PC's / each 5.5 feet long with Wattgate terminations. Total cost $140. :rocker:

Will report back when assembled and installed.

GG

Will report back when assembled and installed.

GG

Gordon I understand when assembly is done at the elevation at which ones system operates the synergistic alignment of all said wiring is optimized......:devil:

you knew I couldn't resist !!!!

Gordon I understand when assembly is done at the elevation at which ones system operates the synergistic alignment of all said wiring is optimized......:devil:

Dave, you sound like a sophisticated rhetorician intoxicated with the exuberance of his own verbosity.

Gordon, how long do you reckon it will take you to break in those cables? BTW I read somewhere that a guy called Pierre Sprey claims that cables have to be a minimum of 8ft long.

Dave, what can I say?

I will work to ensure the optimum combination and synergy, including but not limited to economic, environment, and social parameters, when I assemble and baptize the holy power cords.

Bernard, this will replace the last of my MS wire. The good news is I'm considering buying some more dots. ;)

GG

Liking the new Avatar Dave!!

All right boys.

Received, assembled, and installed yesterday.

Initial impression quite positive. Full, robust, airy but a bit closed in.

DH Labs told me 25 hours of burn in. Not too bad.

Will report back later.

Gordon

I've always thought it was advisable to have wire looms from the same manufacturer. I have a complete loom from WireWorld and feel a companies philosphy (no regard for science on my part) completes the set. Just like a mini spare will roll the car down the road, it dosen't look or feel the same. Look forward to your impressions.

Gordon

Has anyone tried Foundation Research power cords. I read somewhere (here?) that there was one that was particularly suitable for electrostats.

Amigo,

You are tooooooooooooooooooooooo funny. :ROFL:

I fully expect another "Davism" based on this post.

Regarding current observations, the DH Labs are certainly more full bodied with better clarity on top and more mid bass / low bass presence than the MS wire.

On the other hand, the MS PC's certainly have a "lighter" sonic flavor, which is more spacious and dimensional. Quite the contrast.

Both are compelling. Not sure which I prefer at this point.

Gordon

So FWIW,

Did some swapping out with MS PC's and the DH PC's last night. I'm staying with the DH Labs.

In my opinion, quite the product for $70 or so per PC. Highly recommended.

Gordon

Hey Gordon,

Great let Us know how it goes

What Ga. & cofiguration are they I hear good things about this company

Last edited:
I fully expect another "Davism" based on this post.

Regarding current observations, the DH Labs are certainly more full bodied........On the other hand, the MS PC's certainly have a "lighter" sonic flavor,

Gordon

'Tastes great.....Less filling' ! ....you may have infringed on Millers trademark !!!

Bill,

I believe there are 3 - 12 ga. conductors. Check out their website for further information.

My sense is that DH Labs is similar to Signal Cable. They build product / market based on defensible science at a very reasonable cost.

Yes Dave, less filling / tastes great indeed.

Gordon

Interesting ...

debate about DHLabs power cable. I had used most of the current DHLabs interconnect and speaker cables with great results. I can confirm the initial credentials I've got that I'll receive a good value for money if I'll go for DHLabs. However, I didn't test any of the DHLabs power cords .. simply because my house's 240Vac power cables are copper standard at 2.5 sqmm.

Adrian

Mine is with furetech connectors works much better than what was with my new amp...

Latest posts

Back