Martin Logan Shower Cleaning PDF

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everybody.

Being a quite new owner of a pair of ML Aerius from 1993 I have been reading lots of your posts nearly day and nicht - very informative and interesting.
Knowing that this thread is quite old I wonder if someone could give me an update on your resent experience with washing Panels.

Quite in the beginning of this threads someone mentiones not to wash the back side of the Panels and in other comments People are writing that they washed both sides of the Panels.
I would be very happy if some of you who did the washing procedure would give me some advice on how to wash ma Aerius Panels.

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Rino

Thanks for the solution

Excellent piece of information, I will start cleaning mine right now!!! Now to the forum, found solution to my problem instantly!! Thanks a lot.

CE

Hello everyone,

I went through the process of Cleaning my Martin Logan Quest Stators in the shower.

I wrote the process down and created a PDF for everyone.

Hope this helps those interested in doing the same.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks to Tom for hosting for me

http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/ML/Martin%20Logan%20Quest%20Stator%20Panel%20Shower%20Washing.pdfhttp://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/ML/Martin Logan Quest%2

Excellent piece of information, I will start cleaning mine right now!!! Now to the forum, found solution to my problem instantly!! Thanks a lot.

CE

I am new on this forum, but being a hydrologist, I know a thing or two about water and I think i'll better post a warning here. I fear very much for your solution, cjescalante, elegant as it may seem. What to think about calciumcarbonate precipitation on our precious electrostatic sheets ? You'll DEFINITELY end up with spoiled sheets. Flushing with ordinary drinking water and drying by evaporation (that is, no wiping) will ALWAYS result in thin layers of precipitated CaCO3, or other mineralizations. You'll definitely ruin your speakers. Don't do this ! When flushing at all, only distilled, highly demineralized water will do.

Love this post and community…I’ve just followed the multiple levels of wisdom here and have did my own tweak by buying a battery powered sprayer and several gallons of distilled water. I felt much more comfortable controlling the spray pressure and circumference and am currently letting these babies get some air.

If/when this works, I’ll feel even better knowing this cohort of ML enthusiasts helped me to do so. Thanks!

Attachments

• E3113D53-86B6-495F-B2AC-C634510C903A.jpeg
    E3113D53-86B6-495F-B2AC-C634510C903A.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 124

Latest posts

Back