What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back from a nice trip to Big Bend National Park and the first piece of vinyl I'm playing is the excellent Bonnie Raitt album, "The Lost Broadcast, Philadelphia 1972", put out by Let Them Eat Vinyl. Very well done live album. I recommend adding this one to your vinyl collection.
CS504355-01A-BIG.jpg

Last edited:
Miles this afternoon, starting with Bag's Groove followed by Sketches of Spain both LP

Bags.jpg Sketches.jpg

Natalie Merchant Paradise is There: The New Tigerlilly Recordings LP. Twenty years after the release of her first solo album, Merchant revisits Tigerlilly in a new set of recordings with a more mature vocal style and new arrangements that serve the music well. The recording is nicely done, the pressings by Masterdisc are heavy, 180g?, flat and silent. Highly recommended if you like the original.

View attachment 18452

Oh wow...Tigerlily is seriously one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time. I just purchased a Parasound P5 to compliment my A23, and I believe this will be a great first album to spin on my dad's old Denon DP-7F.

Eva Cassidy, "Nightbird", vinyl. Blix Street Records. Excellent live recording.
eva_cassidy-nightbird-250.jpg

Thanks for bringing "Nightbird" to my/our attention, slowGEEZR! Of all her albums, I like "Live At Blues Alley" probably the best tho' the others are all nice. Even tho' it is not particularly great Dynamic Range wise, cuts like Tall Trees In Georgia are terrific.

I see there are both a domestic USA version with 2 CDs and an import which also has a DVD. Anyone have the 3 disc import and, if so, is the DVD worth having?
Occasionally, the DVD audio tracks are higher resolution (24/88 or 24/96) than the 16/44 of the CDs.

Think Peter Gabriel and Roger Waters at their best.

Atmospheric, totally original, minimalistic, totally engrossing.

Band / Talk Talk. Mark Hollis vocal, songwriter.

Laughing Stock.

East of Eden.

Oh my.

GG

Thanks for bringing "Nightbird" to my/our attention, slowGEEZR! Of all her albums, I like "Live At Blues Alley" probably the best tho' the others are all nice. Even tho' it is not particularly great Dynamic Range wise, cuts like Tall Trees In Georgia are terrific.

I see there are both a domestic USA version with 2 CDs and an import which also has a DVD. Anyone have the 3 disc import and, if so, is the DVD worth having?
Occasionally, the DVD audio tracks are higher resolution (24/88 or 24/96) than the 16/44 of the CDs.

I have the 7 disk import. Four vinyl records, 2 CDs and the DVD. Excellent sound all the way around. The DVD is nice, so you can see some of the performance.

Last edited:
Back