System #79 (Revel Studio II's , previous Spire)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
twich54 said:
After listening to it in my system I couldn't return it ! Yes Spike I know I still need to expand my horizons but this thing was such a quantum leap over the SP-16, I figured....... oh hell, why not spend some more of the kids inheritance !

Dave,
I must have done something wrong. I am a single dad and all I got was a card from one of my kids!

Congrats on the new SP-16!

Kids inheritance, yeah right, let them buy there own ARC stuff and keep yours. I told my kids I am taking my stuff with me when I leave and they can not have it. :eek: :D

Jeff :cool:

Jeff Zaret said:
Dave,

Congrats on the new SP-16!

Jeff, Good morning, the SP-16 WAS my pre-amp, the LS-26 now resides in its place.

twich54 said:
After listening to it in my system I couldn't return it ! Yes Spike I know I still need to expand my horizons but this thing was such a quantum leap over the SP-16, I figured....... oh hell, why not spend some more of the kids inheritance !
Perfect example of "trust your own ears"!! Congratulations on the baby Ref3!! No comments on...the kids inheritance :rolleyes:

Spike

twich54 said:
Jeff, Good morning, the SP-16 WAS my pre-amp, the LS-26 now resides in its place.

Dave,
See I was sooooooooooooo upset about just getting a card I got it wrong. :eek: LOL
Sorry, but congrats on the LS-26 :D

Santa Has Landed !!

Got a call from Overture yesterday, the Aries 3 had arrived ! Everything as ordered, 10.5i arm with VPI/DynaVector 20XH cartridge. They did send me the wrong platter though, I ordered the translucent/white one , Black was sent instead. No problem VPI will swap out post-haste.

I am now in analog heaven !

Attachments

• IMG_7443.JPG
    IMG_7443.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 1,479
O my... what's the retail on one of those?

Daveyman... I'm thinking of going TT... you're not helpign the upgrade bug!

Joey

Got a call from Overture yesterday, the Aries 3 had arrived ! Everything as ordered, 10.5i arm with VPI/DynaVector 20XH cartridge. They did send me the wrong platter though, I ordered the translucent/white one , Black was sent instead. No problem VPI will swap out post-haste.

I am now in analog heaven !

Dave, truely a thing of freakin' beauty. I told you I wouldn't be jealeous but now that I see it I truely am. You lucky bastage! ;)

I gotta tell you though, I've never seen it with the black acrylic platter, I'm thinking I like it better than the clear one. I'd be tempted to leave it as is. Must work on securing that BDR clamp for you... Happy listening my friend; something tells me you're going to be listening long into the night, pulling out album after album. Hell, just seeing it makes me want to go home and spin a few slabs right NOW!

O my... what's the retail on one of those?
Joey

Too Much !!!!, Table and arm retail for $4700, Cartridge retails for $700, my dealer saved me 10% on the table and 20% on the cartridge, plus the beauty of living so close to Delaware...... NO TAX !!!

I've never seen it with the black acrylic platter, I'm thinking I like it better than the clear one. I'd be tempted to leave it as is. Must work on securing that BDR clamp for you... Happy listening my friend; something tells me you're going to be listening long into the night, pulling out album after album. Hell, just seeing it makes me want to go home and spin a few slabs right NOW!

If it wasn't for the fact that within all my pieces of equipment, speaker grills, draperies,etc. there is so much black I would agree, I kinda like the contrast of the white/translucent platter. I'm on my fourth alblum now and it is just starting loosen-up/come to life !! Look forward to hearing how you make out with Black Diamond Racing, Thanks Tim !!

also, I must borrow the words of Dan (DTB300), the piano black finish on this thing is "pure eye candy"

If it wasn't for the fact that within all my pieces of equipment, speaker grills, draperies,etc. there is so much black I would agree, I kinda like the contrast of the white/translucent platter. I'm on my fourth alblum now and it is just starting loosen-up/come to life !! Look forward to hearing how you make out with Black Diamond Racing, Thanks Tim !!

also, I must borrow the words of Dan (DTB300), the piano black finish on this thing is "pure eye candy"

Yes, the fit-n-finish on the VPI stuff is great. I love the piano black finish on mine as well - it just exudes "class". I really am quite happy with my Aerius as well, but I really like what VPI has done with the constrained layer chassis of the III Series. It looks like a mini HRX. Glad you are living in analog bliss Dave.

Hey! I like the Littlelite too...got one myself as you can see - indispensible for those low light level listening sessions!

Attachments

• AnalogRules.jpg
    AnalogRules.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,420
Last edited:
Too Much !!!!, Table and arm retail for $4700, Cartridge retails for $700, my dealer saved me 10% on the table and 20% on the cartridge, plus the beauty of living so close to Delaware...... NO TAX !!!

Man.. this sucks... I am feeling the beginnings of a TT-itis for the kid.

Joey :(

Dave,

I’m jealous, that’s a sexy looking TT you have there. How do you like the VPI Aries? I have been looking at the Scout.

Dave,
How do you like the VPI Aries? I have been looking at the Scout.

Joe, I just got it set up yesterday and have only spun four records so far, so like any new TT / Cart combo it will take a min. of 10-20 hrs to come into it's own. Somehting tells me it's a keeper though !!

As for the Scout , great TT, just remeber if you go with VPI's arm be patient with setting up a uni-pivot arm. Azimuth set-up can try ones nerves !!

Dave,

Looks like a nice system you have there.

I thought I saw some pics on the wall that might be you drag racing...is that right? Are you into cars and it looks like maybe trains too?

I have some Lionel stuff (used to have a pretty nice set up, but don't have room for it now) and am into Porsche and guitars.

Be cool! All the best.

James, Good evening, I guess to say I'm a gear head is some what of an understatement, I have been a fan and participant of Drag Racing for 40 plus years, Love big blocks and lots of HP. Kids today are into these little front wheel drive rice burners and their Boom-Boom radios, give me 700 + HP (naturally asspirated of course) any day of the week !! As far as trains, I'm a third generation railroader, nuff said !!

pics show my 86' Monte, Garden RR in the Pocono's, 84' 911 Targa, and the "real thing" Live steam @ Cumbrers Pass, elevation 10,000' +.

Attachments

• IMG_0530.JPG
    IMG_0530.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,205
  • PICT0012.JPG
    PICT0012.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,250
  • PICT0050.JPG
    PICT0050.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,255
  • PICT0069.JPG
    PICT0069.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,255
Dave,

LOVE IT MAN! You are a man after my own heart though I have always been a road racer! I am with you 700+ naturally aspirated HP's is a GOOD thing! Never had that much under my foot (or in my case hand, since I don't use my feet for driving...Spinal Cord Injury and all), but I'd like to try it! To do that in a Porsche is a VERY EXPENSIVE proposition though!

My dad was really into the Lionel stuff...I have some and that is a hobby that comes and goes...my cars have stayed every since I can remember, and I have also always had a love for Hi Fi if not the budget to do it to the max!

All the best to you! You can see my cars at my website: http://home.austin.rr.com/jemorrison

You guys are awesome! I wish I had a car hobby at the moment... in a few years, in a few years.... I'll join you car fanatics!

BTW, Dave, love the Garden RR!!!

Joey :cheers:

Dave, just wanted to take a look at your system again and tell you how great it looks in this incarnation. I'm sure it sounds great too! You need to update the turntable photo's with the new Black Diamond Racing clamp!

You are truely a great fixture on this site!

Happy listening - Tim

Back