Cameras?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 2am?

I am to a certain degree...but can't remember exactly what I have anymore...
Canon Rebel Xti
Tamron 18-270 (something around there)
Canon 430ex2 flash

I think that's about it. I'm not exactly a photographer by any stretch of the means, but I like taking decent pics :).

It's amazing how we're all into the same sorts of things. I am, but not seriously. I have a Canon EOS 40D and EOS 50. Selection of non-L lenses. And an Olympus OM-1 with 50mm, f1.2 as well as a selection of other lenses. Unfortunately this doesn't get used these days - I miss my Kodak Royal Gold 25 and Velvia 50, of which this body shot many rolls!

I a couple of point-and-shoots. They're the wife's cams........

It's amazing how we're all into the same sorts of things

Birds of a Technical feather I'm a Nikon guy. 8mill,16mill,50mill,105mil.80-200 zoom,14-24zoom.500mill.

Hey amey I am gettin a Squeezebox Touch this week! Hope I wont cry....

Last edited:
Canon Man

Canon A-1
Canon EOS 1V
Canon EOS 5D Reconfigured to Infrared only
Canon EOS 5D Mark II

I like cheap (£250) point and shoots. All I want to do is frame the shot and take the photo - as quickly as possible.

But I really like the HD video capability these cheap point and shoots now have. They are ridiculously good at it - but the capability has been there for quite a few years now. And they will shoot it for many, many hours on one memory stick. Just brilliant for holidays where I seem to spend most of my time walking around with a camera in front of me taking movies. Love watching them years later, too.

These things are just so good these days I don't feel the need for anything better.

Agree at least you dont get stuck holding the Bag with dated technology
they are inexpensive enough to give away if you want the latest..............:D

BUT! can you hear the difference using cables..............

I have a Nikon D300 that is built like a tank and I take most of the shots of my family with. When I want a camera I can kind of put in my pocket I use my FujiFilm X-100. This has an apparent focal length of 35 mm and can be set as low as F2. I usually shoot is Aperture priority mode. The Fuji X-100 is fast becoming one of my favorite cameras. I love its retro looks and the APS size sensor is amazing.

Attachments

• Nikon%20D300.jpg
    Nikon%20D300.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Fujifilm%20X100.jpg
    Fujifilm%20X100.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 139
These things are just so good these days I don't feel the need for anything better.

So true really. Over half the world's greatest photos were taken on equipment so bad that virtually anything at all you buy these days will be better than it.

Another Canon Guy after my film days with Minolta and Nikon (been doing this for a while and this is the smallest system I have ever owned - but love it)
Canon 7D, G12
Lenses: 17-40L, 15-85, 70-200F4 IS L
Flashes: 580 EX-II & 320 EX
and more camera bags than a woman has purses
Just starting to post some of my stuff on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/mvimagez/

Hey Beek.. a Nikon guy who likes the fisheye.. nice shots of NYC. I was there for the first time last October.. should post some of my shots on Flickr.. two were chosen to be up on the wall at work :)
For me, its a/v, Hi-Fi, and head-fi, cameras/photography, pretty much anything Apple and carbon fibre road bikes :)

oops.. forgot.. single malt scotch.. current fav.. Aberlour A'bunadh
BTW.. just posted my NYC stuff..

Ahhhhhhhhh what a Guy
One of my fav beers is Sami Claus brewed once a year & hard to find, but I have been lucky finding a few 2 & 3 yr. old bottles
great shots I havent been to the Trade Center Memorial yet....gotta go

Last edited:
Hey Beek.. a Nikon guy who likes the fisheye.. nice shots of NYC. I was there for the first time last October.. should post some of my shots on Flickr.. two were chosen to be up on the wall at work :)
For me, its a/v, Hi-Fi, and head-fi, cameras/photography, pretty much anything Apple and carbon fibre road bikes :)

Blimey, ditto bar the av, but Hifi, yep.. Photography, (nikon D700) yep.. Apple, er, I guess so, 3 macs and an iPhone.. And carbon road bikes, yep, felt AR1.. Self built road race bike, Felt B2 TT bike.

Back