Formula One Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its true....the last one I remember that bad was Brazil in 03? Same thing happened on turn 1....like 7 people went off one right after the other....it was great! I love F1....they race, rain or shine, unlike pansy IRL, CART, NASCAR, etc.....ALMS races wet too. And WRC! The 3 best series in the world for auto racing...too bad Speed doesnt cover WRC anymore :(

I miss the WRC too :(

I miss the WRC too :(

I miss WRC on Speed in a big way. But thankfully, it's 2007 and there is a way to watch global motorsorts: http://www.rallytorrents.com/
Second half of the season starts next month, can't wait, as I've had the summer withdrawal jitters.
Oh, wait, I cured those last week by grabbing the wife's WRX and blasting around the mountain roads near home :D

Loved the European F1 race, they sure have guts to run on slicks in the wet. But the story on the rookie in the Spyker going from last to then lead the first six laps was priceless. I'm sure it made his day.

Its true....the last one I remember that bad was Brazil in 03? Same thing happened on turn 1....like 7 people went off one right after the other....it was great! I love F1....they race, rain or shine, unlike pansy IRL, CART, NASCAR, etc.....ALMS races wet too. And WRC! The 3 best series in the world for auto racing...too bad Speed doesnt cover WRC anymore :(

ROGER all the above!

That was one of the most exciting F1 races I have seen in a LONG TIME! There were some GREAT passes and the safety car almost getting hit and cars going everywhere. It was cool!

Love seeing Red Bull mixing it up near the front! Nice work by DC! WOW! From 20th to 5th (isn't that where he finished...or was it 4th??? Can't remember now) and how about Wilkelhock? What a day. To bad he didn't at least finish the race!

Good stuff!

Who has WRC now? Is that on OLN?

Well there was already a post made, but this ends the season for 2007. What a roller-coaster ride, huh? With Schumi off the track, it was up in the air who would be able to win the championship this year. Early on, it looked like Hamilton was going to walk away with it in his rookie season. But Ferrari, as always, never gave up...always working to make the car faster. And it paid off in the end. Great job Ferrari and great job Kimi! A most memorable season! Lets hope for more excitement next year....and more red on the podium ;)

I was sooo psyched over the last three races this season, I was rooting for Hamilton to take it. But as good as he is, there is a reason for the saying: 'Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes'.

Hamilton will be more 'experienced' in 2008, so the red team better be on guard :D

All on all, a much better season than in years past. Looking forward to 2008, and hope that renault and Kovalinen get up there and start mixing it up as well.

Phenomenal season. It's been quite the ride. I'm especially happy though as my blood runs Ferrari red.

I bleed red too....I guess we all do. ;) But yes it was a fantastic and intense season for both Ferrari and McLaren fans....but in the end, Kimi deserved the win...and Ferrari deserved it too....I think this will get the momentum going again at Maranello.....I am really hoping to see Ross Brawn back next season....that guy is a genius....as are all the minds at Ferrari. :)

Lots has happened since my last post here.

But it looks like Ferrari is on the way back up, and Schumi is back! How exciting!! I hope he finds the pace soon. I think he would have had a good race if he had not got clipped on the 1st corner. I really wish refueling was still allowed! Ross and Michael were the best at strategery back in the day.

I feel bad for Vettel....but that is how it goes in F1. I think they will be the team to beat if they are reliable and if Webber can keep his car to himself. :)

Too bad USF1 could not get it together in time.

I am glad Max is out. Hopefully things will only get better over the next few years.

Anyway, 2010 is under way. Anyone else watching?

With a name like jmaUSGP you have to ask.

I also wish refueling was still allowed, made for some interesting strategy, now there's not so much.

The only thing that made Australia interesting was the rain.:D

If it is not wet this weekend, I think we will get back to the parade.

If only USGP had made it in this year! I sure hope they are able to get their troubles worked out so they can be good for next year... WE NEED A USGP TEAM!!!!

So far it has been an AWESOME season... Schumi will take Nico in the next race I think...he has needed some time to acclimate and I think he is getting close now. I don't think Jenson will beat Hamilton again this season. I think Webber will be beat by Vettel in every race that Vettel actually finishes. Alonso will win the championship for a 3rd time...

How do those predictions sound?! :D

Man I LOVE F1!!! My wife even loves F1!

I can see Alonso taking it. But I cannot count out Massa just yet. Those 2 will fight tooth and nail. So will Hamilton and Button, and Nico and MS, and Webber and Vettel.....awesome teammate situations this year will make for exciting racing. :)

My ultimate outcome would be for Schumi to win the drivers title and Ferrari to win the constructor's title. :) I am not holding my breath for MS this season though. It could take 2 or 3 seasons for him to work with the engineers to get the car to his liking. He did not win right away at Ferrari either.

I just hope there is at least 4 teams fighting for the lead. Ferrari, Red Bull, McLaren, and Mercedes. I do not know how Kubica held onto 2nd....but maybe Renault has something to work with again.

17 more races to find out. :)

If Vettel could have the car last through the races, he could easily be the world champion this year.

Vettel needs a bit of reliabilty and luck his way he is definitely quick. Schumacher needs more time to sort out the car. I also think Alonso will be up there fighting for his 3rd. Jenson Button is sneaky with his consistency and smooth driving. Lewis surely doesn't want to be beat by him either aka the radio transmission near the end of the race. Just wish for rain for every race this season? :D

I hope Schumi figures out his car soon... and he starts placing a bit higher again.

Looks like rain or in the case of Sepang, a monsoon of raining frogs and toads.

That should make the whole weekend a crapshoot. Which might make it more interesting that Australia.:D

I hope Schumi figures out his car soon... and he starts placing a bit higher again.

I think he'll run midpack until late this season, start to come around, and then be a force again next season. We'll see, but I agree, I'd like to see him up front. Call me bandwagon if you want, but I like him.

I think he will have a handle on the car VERY SOON... the key will be when he starts beating Nico regularly and by wider and wider margins...that is when we will KNOW he is BACK!

My fav driver is Alonso personally. My wife like Button and Nico. I like Alonso for a couple of reasons:

1. We share the same driving style... aggressive turn in. Usually seen as not smooth and not the fast way around, but he proves that to be a myth. YEA!

2. He is probably one of the best development drivers out there.

3. He has gone wheel to wheel with the best and beaten them.

I think Alonso might well win the crown again this year is Ferrari stays on task and gets a bit faster and Vettel continues to have trouble in the races.

One other thing in Alonso's favor is that he has matured, I think that will serve him well going forward.

Schumi is still the best I have ever seen, but the car has to be developed to his style, that may take a while and Ross was the best at working strategies on the fly, but without refueling, a big part of the race strategy is gone, so I am undecided how much he can impact the actual race.

I guess that's at least two reasons to watch this year.:D

JMA,

Absolutely agree with you 100% on the above! NO ONE is better at strategy than Ross Brawn and w/o refueling that really leaves him much less to work with. Schumi likes a car the way he likes it and Ferrari built him THAT CAR! This one will take come time to tweak to his personal tastes, but I think he and Brawn are an unbeatable combination in a reasonably competitive car. Give him ONE MORE race and he will be whipping Nico and by the end of the season he will be hounding EVERYONE up front and probably will end up on the podium a few times if not win a couple of races.

Alonso has always been fairly mature for his age I think and now he is REALLY coming in to his own! Still say he will win the title this year...sure hope so anyway!

Gonna be a fun season!

This season is shaping up to be a good one for sure. I'm following it for the first time..

Back