System #319 (Spire, Stage, Depth i)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feltran

Reaction score
Member Name: Seth

ML Models: Spire, Stage, Purity, Depth i

Year Purchased: 2008-2009

Mods/Changes: Only to the furniture; I cut holes in the cabinet to install heat-activated fans.

Associated Electronics:
Sunfire TGA-5200 Amplifier
Denon 3808ci Receiver(Pre)
Samsung LN52A650 52'' 1080p TV
AppleTV
Sony PS3
Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite
Nordost Quasar Points
Belkin PureAV PF60 Power Conditioner
Nordost Shiva Power Cables
Monster Cable 4100i Interconnects
Zu Audio Wax Speaker Cable
DHLabs Silversonic Q-10 Signature Speaker Cable

Comments and/or Stories:
I stumbled across a picture of Martin Logans one day, and was captivated by the most interesting industrial design I had ever seen in an affordably priced speaker. With the help of several people on these forums, within six months I decided to purchase a pair of Purities. Only a few months after that, I upgraded to Spires and a Depth i for my home theater setup, and moves my Purities into my office where I have them hooked up as computer speakers.

I have been reluctant to post my system because it hasn't been "finished," but alas I have realized it may never be finished. Next on the agenda are new interconnects and GIK ArtPanels for behind the Spires.

Attachments

• MLSystem1 (Medium).jpg
    MLSystem1 (Medium).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,151
Last edited:
Feltran that is a beautiful setup you have. Everything looks so classy!:bowdown: When you do get your art panels in from GIK please post more pictures, and if you have any of your seating area that would be great.

Glen

Very nice set up. Super clean. I only wish I can get my system to look so clean some day. I like your bar stools I have the same ones but in maple.

I see also your Avatar is of what was going to be the Fordham Spire in Chicago, designed by Santiago Calatrave. It is such a shame this project got shelved.

Attachments

• spire.jpg
    spire.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,092
Thank you for your kind words, everyone.

Can we see a shot of the whole room too
I'll try and get a decent shot of the rest of the room. I took a couple before, but it's difficult to get a good looking angle with a camera.

Oh, and you got that AppleTV on some sort of spikes?!?
The AppleTV is currently sitting on Nordost Quasar Points. I haven't done any tests yet to determine if they are actually useful on a digital device (or any other, for that matter). However, they are supposed to isolate and mitigate vibration, and the AppleTV has a hard drive in it that causes vibration. If nothing else, I figure that AppleTVs get pretty warm, and having it elevated would help reduce heat.

I see also your Avatar is of what was going to be the Fordham Spire in Chicago, designed by Santiago Calatrave. It is such a shame this project got shelved.
It is a shame, it was a pretty striking design. I changed my avatar to a picture of the Spire when I ordered my ML Spires. :music:

Thank you for your kind words, everyone.

I'll try and get a decent shot of the rest of the room. I took a couple before, but it's difficult to get a good looking angle with a camera.

The AppleTV is currently sitting on Nordost Quasar Points. I haven't done any tests yet to determine if they are actually useful on a digital device (or any other, for that matter). However, they are supposed to isolate and mitigate vibration, and the AppleTV has a hard drive in it that causes vibration. If nothing else, I figure that AppleTVs get pretty warm, and having it elevated would help reduce heat.

It's hard I know.

The AppleTV doesn't have a hard drive, does it? Do you take analogue or digital out of it?

The AppleTV doesn't have a hard drive, does it? Do you take analogue or digital out of it?
It does indeed have a hard drive. I use HDMI out for both audio and video (which is one of the reasons I use the Denon receiver, instead of a traditional preamp).

Nice System!

It's near-impossible to take a single good shot, but take many shots and use a stitching program like PTGui to assemble a reasonable view of the setup, and then crop the stuff that doesn't matter.

Nice System!

It's near-impossible to take a single good shot, but take many shots and use a stitching program like PTGui to assemble a reasonable view of the setup, and then crop the stuff that doesn't matter.

or you can just use the right lens at a good angle.

Back