CLS's in Toronto? Audition in exchange for California wine

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leed

Reaction score
Hi:

I will be visiting Toronto from Nov. 4-9th.
I tried to audition CLS's in California (in exchange for wine, beer or coffee) but had no takers. Is there anyone in Toronto willing to take me up on the offer?

You choose the California wine - merlot, cab, zin, syrah, ...

I want to listen to any vintage of CLS's before purchasing a pair of speakers that are remote (eg. audiogon, ebay).

Thanks so much and sorry for spamming the general world.
Lee

hi,

there is a guy in Toronto who has had a few CLS for sale on ebay - he is always overpriced and they never sell, but he can be reached at 1 416 920 7401. the most recent auction was item #290359438014. i have no affiliation with him, but have noticed that he has flogged a couple of pairs over the years.

as for the actual purchase, i still think that Mike's in Arizona are a no-brainer if you decide that you like the CLS sound :)

Hi:

I saw the ads and went to their website. The website says both sets of CLS's are sold. I'm finding this whole thing pretty hilarious. How hard can it possibly be to find some CLS's to listen to. I guess I will keep travelling and watching and trying (including attempted bribes for auditions :).

I am in touch with Mike about his CLS's. I just wish I could listen to a pair of CLS's first.

Hoping, trying to get a listen to CLS's.

Regards,
Lee

Hey Lee, if your travels ever bring you to Denver, I'd be happy to have you over for a listening session.

hi,

there is a guy in Toronto who has had a few CLS for sale on ebay - he is always overpriced and they never sell, but he can be reached at 1 416 920 7401. the most recent auction was item #290359438014. i have no affiliation with him, but have noticed that he has flogged a couple of pairs over the years.

as for the actual purchase, i still think that Mike's in Arizona are a no-brainer if you decide that you like the CLS sound :)

Yeah... I was trying to snag that pair of 20th Anniversary CLSIIz's he had (they actually belonged to a friend of mine,.. didn't know he was selling them until it was too late.. horribly bad timing on my part :( ) and through some MORE poor timing.. the ebay vendor flogged them through his retail store and killed the ebay auction just before I was going to jump on them again ... :confused:
My timing sux lately...

Hi:

I will be visiting Toronto from Nov. 4-9th.
I tried to audition CLS's in California (in exchange for wine, beer or coffee) but had no takers. Is there anyone in Toronto willing to take me up on the offer?

You choose the California wine - merlot, cab, zin, syrah, ...

I want to listen to any vintage of CLS's before purchasing a pair of speakers that are remote (eg. audiogon, ebay).

Thanks so much and sorry for spamming the general world.
Lee

Leed,
There is a pair for sale in Orange, CA they look like they are still available, maybe you can get a listen to those...Check out audiogon for info. Link removed...

Good Luck,
Rich

Last edited:
Hi Jeff:

I may take you up on your offer. Its just that SoCal is a 6 hour drive (one direction) away from where I live. I will let you know when I get back from Toronto.

Thanks!

Lee

Back