Replace Descent With A JL f113?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick Update

I ordered my Descent grill cover from ML on Monday afternoon. It arrived today!! That's impressive.:cool:

Thanks to everyone's help and advice, and my own madness, I just ordered two f113's.:eek: What am I thinking?!?! I hope my foundation can handle two f113s:devil:.

Just a quick update. The dual Fathoms are in da house. I will be running an Audyssey cal here soon. Any recommendations from JL/Logan owners as to what are the best settings on the subs themselves?

JLsinroom.jpg

Just a quick update. The dual Fathoms are in da house. I will be running an Audyssey cal here soon. Any recommendations from JL/Logan owners as to what are the best settings on the subs themselves?

JLsinroom.jpg

congrats! you will be amazed! you sure did not mess around did ya?
Make sure you set both subs up as MASTER and not master/slave. This comes recommended from JL directly and myself! I do not have Audyssey, so I cannot comment. Make sure you run ARO... pretty sweet in intself!

Very NICE!!!! I would love to take our Gotham home....JL subs are gentle beasts! I might end up with one for my system someday.

Thanks guys.:)

I did an Audyssey room calibration the other night. It was getting late and I didn't have too much time to demo the new subs. So I popped in the Transformers 2 blu-ray. WOW! The bass was so clean & tight. I was literally grinning from ear-to-ear.;)

I'm looking forward to really rockin' the joint this weekend. I have the new Star Trek blu-ray... I believe the wife and I will be crankin' it up!:rocker:

Given 'er all she's got Captain!:D

earthquake1.jpg

Hi Jeff, glad to see they made it and you have them up and running. So, was I right in the jaw dropping department? I don't have them in a HT rig but I imagine they are quite nice.

Gordon

Hi Gordon.

I'm in total "Bass Bliss.":D

We watched the blu-ray of G.I. Joe last night, and it freakin' rocked! Of course it doesn't hurt that Sienna Miller is ssssmmmokin' HOT!;)

I'm still so giddy over how clean & tight the bass is. There's absolutely no bloat at all. Just thinking about them brings a smile to my face.

These two Fathoms are one of the better purchases I've made.:guitarman:

sienna-miller-g-i-joe.jpg

Hi Gordon.

I'm in total "Bass Bliss.":D

We watched the blu-ray of G.I. Joe last night, and it freakin' rocked! Of course it doesn't hurt that Sienna Miller is ssssmmmokin' HOT!;)

I'm still so giddy over how clean & tight the bass is. There's absolutely no bloat at all. Just thinking about them brings a smile to my face.

These two Fathoms are one of the better purchases I've made.:guitarman:

sienna-miller-g-i-joe.jpg

hmm yes, I hear you! I watched that movie last week on blu ray as well, and there is another red head in that movie that is total eye candy... worth checking out fellas!

Back