A visit with Jeff (Tonepub)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichTeer

Reaction score
My wife and I were in Portland this past weekend for a whirlwind trip. She's into a TV show called Little People, Big World so we visited their farm (they're only open to the public in October, for pumpkin season), and was hoping to meet with Jeff (Tonepub).

We spent several hours in his and Jean's company, and wanted to thank them for their gracious hospitality. So, many thanks, Jeff! It was apleasure meeting you and spinnin' a few tunes, and I hope that one day I can return the favour!

My wife and I were in Portland this past weekend for a whirlwind trip. She's into a TV show called Little People, Big World so we visited their farm

Please tell me more about the Roloffs. Like that show as well. Did you meet them? Nice?

Wow! Lucky you! What gear did he demo for you?

The speakers were the middle-size(?) AG Acoustics, powered by Jeff's Burmester 911 amp and preamp. Alas, his CLXes were to one side because the AG's were in review mode.

We listened to several sources, including the Sooloos server (least impressive to be honest), the Naim 555i CD player (much better than the Sooloos!), and the Spiral Groove SG2 TT. From the quick look I had (it had to be quick, to prevent drool stains!), the arm was the Triplanar and the cartridge was the Lyra Skala. Oh, and we used the Manley Steelhead phono stage. Very nice!

Please tell me more about the Roloffs. Like that show as well. Did you meet them? Nice?

We met most of the Roloffs. Zach was driving one of the tour tractors, so we saw but didn't speak to him. We saw the youngest son (Jacob?), and spoke to Molly, Jeremy, and Matt (the only person we didn't meet was Amy). They're all very nice people!

The speakers were the middle-size(?) AG Acoustics, powered by Jeff's Burmester 911 amp and preamp. Alas, his CLXes were to one side because the AG's were in review mode.

We listened to several sources, including the Sooloos server (least impressive to be honest), the Naim 555i CD player (much better than the Sooloos!), and the Spiral Groove SG2 TT. From the quick look I had (it had to be quick, to prevent drool stains!), the arm was the Triplanar and the cartridge was the Lyra Skala. Oh, and we used the Manley Steelhead phono stage. Very nice!

Do you mean the YG Acoustics? Possibly the Anat's?

I'd love to hear the Naim 555i, and the Spiral Groove, and the Skala. Good for you. Jeff, I have a daughter that lives just outside of Portland, going to school at Pacific U. Next time I visit....

yep, it was the YG Acoustics Anat II's. I don't have the biggest model here, but the one with one woofer cabinet instead of two. (MSRP: About $70k) We decided that my room probably wasn't big enough for the biggest model and after a couple of weeks, I think they work in my room quite well.

These are still on sliding casters till YG's rep gets out here next week to dial them in all the way. I think I've got em pretty close, but the factory guys always seem to be able to take the speakers that extra 10% of the way, so we'll see.

Next time you come over to visit your daughter, give us a call....

Attachments

• yg.jpg
    yg.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 212
Back