Shakti Hollographs & Martin Logans ??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOON

Reaction score
I was curious if anyone on this site has used Shakti Hollographs with their martin logans and what the results were.
Thanks, Greg

I'm thinking the results would be an enormous lightening sensation in your wallet and the psychological perception of better sound. These "tweaks" have no basis in science and are priced way too high for any reasonable person to waste their money on. They have maybe $50 worth of materials in these things and they are selling them for $1,000 a pair! That kind of money spent on real acoustic treatments is likely to pay off much more tangible benefits.

Hi Rich,
They do seem quite pricey for what you get. They also get good reviews from what I have read. I was wondering if they would have a benefical effect on the rear wave. I was just curious if any members used them in there systems.That new Synergistic Research ART system is quite pricey as well for what you actually get.
Cheers, Greg

I'm thinking the results would be an enormous lightening sensation in your wallet and the psychological perception of better sound. These "tweaks" have no basis in science and are priced way too high for any reasonable person to waste their money on. They have maybe $50 worth of materials in these things and they are selling them for $1,000 a pair! That kind of money spent on real acoustic treatments is likely to pay off much more tangible benefits.

agree 100%. I think that these wooden pieces define the word "snake oil" imho... Give them a try, but I think you are wasting your $ that are better used for acoustical panels and bass traps, etc...

That kind of money spent on real acoustic treatments is likely to pay off much more tangible benefits.

My thoughts exactly. Even if (for any reason) they do give a real acoustic benefit, that sort of money spent on acoustic treatments, amplifiers, source - anything, heck even cables! - will likely yield far superior results.

If you've got some money burning a hole in your side, just save it or dump it into your mortgage! Wait 'till you can get something truly worthwile.

yeah but give 'em 500 hrs to 'break in' and they sound marvelous !! Sorry Bernard, I couldn't resist

On a serious note I believe someone on the forum here had made there own variant ???
swiming pool 'noodles' perhaps ??? I can't recall but I know I saw it somewhere.

yeah but give 'em 500 hrs to 'break in' and they sound marvelous !! Sorry Bernard, I couldn't resist
:)
On a serious note I believe someone on the forum here had made there own variant ???
swiming pool 'noodles' perhaps ??? I can't recall but I know I saw it somewhere.
Dave, I am the one who used the swimming pool noodles to break up the back wave. They were not intended as a Shakti variation.

BTW radicalsteve is using Shakti stones. He demonstrated the difference to me when I was over to listen to his system. It was subtle but noticeable. It was just a quick listen so I can't recall the difference.

radicalsteve is also using a home-made device that looks the same as the noodle stuff I did, but made of bamboo. I think that the original stuff was called a "Room Lens", but then again I may be wrong. Addendum: It's called the "Argent Room Lens".

Last edited:
Shakti Holographs work very well but you need the Magic Mushrooms to get their full effect. Get two pair and some Jimsonweed. Wow!

I've heard these things so many times and they've never done anything to the sound...

Though the people I know that all own them swear by them.

Same thing for the $3600 set of Synergistic Research crap. There's about $5 worth of materials in those and about $10 in those Shakti things.

Arrgh.

this looks like a face you can trust lol check out the mullet!

Attachments

• shaktihallinset.jpg
    shaktihallinset.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 424
I think that answers your question for you - buy something that you don't have to ask whether it will yield a benefit or not!

Those things are three pieces of "wavey" shaped wood on a stand!!! You could build a set of these in a few hours at the most and see if anything happened. If I had some time to totally waste I might try it.

Doug - out

Well I do trust Mr Hoffman when it comes to mastering the production of an album.........most of the time !

Last edited:
Too funny Rich. I got a good chuckle out of it.
Cheers

Yeah, I came across that link on another forum and got a good laugh out of it too. It reminded me of this thread, so I thought I would share. Glad you appreciated the humor.

Yeah, I came across that link on another forum and got a good laugh out of it too. It reminded me of this thread, so I thought I would share. Glad you appreciated the humor.
Looks like Machina Dynamica has serious competition !

Back