"Rocktober" ....Philly style !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
One down....two to go ! With 'General Lee' on the mound and the wind howling around Citizens Bank Park the DEFENDING World Series Champs looked as if they have regained their swagger.......if for but a day !

Philly fans better thank Loria for not wanting to spend money on a proper closer and lead off hitter (Bonifacio had the worst on base percentage on team and we traded Willingham to get him). I had seen the Marlins blow at least 20 games in the eighth and ninth innings. Brad Lidge would have been an improvement in the Marlins bullpen. Well I have to hope that the team will spend when they get their new stadium, as much of a sham as I believe that to be.

Considering how young the Marlins organization (years in the league) and number of Championships you've already won......whatca' bithcin' about !! ?? LOL !

Remember it could always be worse....you could be a Cubs fan !!

ouch !! top of the fith......Rockies 3....Phillies...Zip !

grrrrrrr 5-4.......Rockies. looks like were gonna have a 'snowball fight' @ Coors field over the weekend !

Yep, snowing outside right now. Hope your "sandwiches" don't mind playing in the cold.

Why are they named after a sandwich Dave? Or is it a cream cheese?

oh well....so much for the snowball fight tonite.....postponed untill tomorrow.

Now would someone please explain , logically, why in Gods green earth tomorrows game dosen't start untill 10PM (EST) ???????

Dave,

So the folks on the west coast can watch the game at 7.

Also could be scheduling conflicts.

Gordon

More likely the scheduling issue, not so much at the venue, but rather on the roads and parking areas downtown. The Bronco's are playing the Patriots at 2:15 MST, so I'm sure they're thinking about getting the football crown out of LoDo before the baseball folks descend.

It's still going to be a cold one. It's overcast right now with an occasional snowflake falling and still only 28 degree's out. I've got about an inch of snow on the deck and grass.

I hear you Tim,

We got slammed here too.

So glad the front came through this weekend and not last. Would have made the drive a nightmare.

Could be a long winter in the Hole.

Gordon

Wow......it was a 'frost brewed Coors Lite Nite' last nite for sure and for those of you who could stay awake (I couldn't) man-o-man what a game ! With Phils sending 'General Lee' back to the hill tonite hopefully we can wrap it up !

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....man-o-man, what a game, the Phillies showed why they are the World Series Champs tonite !!

I got home and turned on the game just in time to see that the Rocks were up in the top of the 9th with 2 outs and two strikes on the batter at the plate. Figured the series was going back to Philly. They did indeed demonstrate why they were the champs Dave. Disappointing for us here in Colorado for sure, but quite the turn of events I must say by your team. Enjoy the victory my friend.

Back