What height / position to hang scripts?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugar

Reaction score
I am putting together my HT which uses 2 summits for L & R fronts, a stage center, 2 vantages on the sides and 2 scripts for the rear channels.

I have two rows of seats. The first is on the floor. The back row is 13" higher on a riser. The back row seats are 2 feet from the back wall where the scripts will mount.

What is the best position to hang the script rear channels?

The manual suggests a 38" height for the bracket. The back of my back row couch is also 38" high. Should I mount the scripts a little higher because of this (ie. the back row couch will block the woofer for the front row)?

I have seen high end theaters where they chose to mount the scripts upside down along the back wall. The idea being that this would expose the woofer. Do you recommend this and if so at what height would you hang them (please specify from what point you are referring, ie. true floor or riser floor and to what part).

Thank you very much,

Mike

while the postion of the side surrounds is more dictated (ie: 110 degrees from center front), the position of the rears is less specific and infact can be done as a single rear as much 7.1 is really 6.1 with dual mono on the rear...

i'll be placing my rear surround scripts at 38" for the rear riser seats. that puts them about 8" too high for the prime front row seats, but as you say, the rears are often mounted higher than that in theaters so i'm not too worried.

I just have a 5.1 with a simple one level couch, but I mounted my Scripts upside down, mainly for aesthetics. I didn't want the Scripts mounted so low to the ground when mounting right side up.

Latest posts

Back