How to really annoy and freak out an ML owner....

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube60

Reaction score
Listening to music off and on all day today.:music:
Between albums, however, I kept hearing this really annoying buzz, randomly happening to either the left or the right Sequel. True to form as such things happen, i.e. the car stops acting up when taken to the mechanic, etc., the buzz would go away when I went over to investigate. I freaked out, thinking that my body in close proximity to the panels was altering the electrostatic charge around them and damping out the cause of the buzz..... which would mean an expensive repair no doubt! Or that something could be wrong with the amplifier for similar reasons. But the buzz kept coming back every time I stepped away from them.
Then after awhile I found the problem.....:eek::mad: It was a housefly doing figure 8s behind the panels...... the panels picked up the buzz and started resonating in concert with the fly's wings, casting the sound out into the room.....:rolleyes: Every time I approached the speakers, the fly would dive behind the TV and hide, or land on the black egg-crate foam on the wall! I couldn't see the fly until the sun's changing position allowed me to see it's shadow on the wall. In my efforts to kill it, I chased it outside and so a happy conclusion to the issue was reached!:rocker:
Okay.. rant over... back to music!

I love my zap fly swatter in such situations - NOT A TOY.

http://mosquitotechnologies.com/electric-fly-swatter.html
electric-fly-swatter-desc.jpg

I love my zap fly swatter in such situations - NOT A TOY.
Seen them. Friend has one he bought at Harbor Freight as I recall. I've been considering getting one, especially now that my venus fly traps and pitcher plants have gone dormant already!
No matter what, I'm relieved now to know that the problem was an organic one, and not electronic!:rolleyes:

Back