Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New CLS Frames

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    I'm waiting for the CLX frame upgrade. May take a year or two before it happens, though, I'm sure.
    Oh sure Justin, I haven't even got them out of the box and you throw down the gloves in front of me. :-)

Very nice workmanship!
    Mark
    JRiver Media Server 21 on Windows 10 -> (Async USB) -> OPPO 105D -> Emotiva XPA-2 gen 2 -> Martin Logan Ethos -> my ears

Quote Originally Posted by Brad225 View Post
    Oh sure Justin, I haven't even got them out of the box and you throw down the gloves in front of me. :-)
    Just a warped sense of humour Brad. Enjoy the CLX. Ace speakers

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Just a warped sense of humour Brad. Enjoy the CLX. Ace speakers
    Justin, how does the CLX compare with the Renaissance (which I'm assuming you have heard)?

Nope I haven't Bernard. Neolith is the most recent one I have heard. I posted quite a bit about that as you may remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Justin, how does the CLX compare with the Renaissance (which I'm assuming you have heard)?
    I listened to the CLX at Shawn's clients and then the Renaissance shortly after. The CLX was probably 20% better, based on the sound I heard. I suspect in my room, possibly more.

Hola Brad...just thinking, the clue is speed and harmonic texture. Clean sound coming from my CLXs.

I am now with DSD format, and using the HQPlayer by Signalyst its a lot of fun. You can convert the PCM uncompressed signal, in any format to DSD, in other words, no MP3, but AIFF yes, with my Mac Mini, and my Exasound DAC, and the overall sound is wonderful. From PCM 44.1KHz 16bit to DSD 5.6M 24bit and you can tell a difference for good. Every friend that had listen the DSD format, confirm my appreciation.
    I understand that there are companies that denies the advantage of DSD and they keep their DACs with PCM only. Anthem is one of them, and also Bel Canto. Audio Research were doing only PCM, and now the latest model is DSD capable.

Getting back with the CLXs, if this not too much to ask, please report your finding! I truly believe that the CLXs are very difficult to knock out. Its very easy to listen the nuances of the music, the communication with the musicians while are playing, and what the recording engineer did. There are wonderful recordings out there, where the soul of the musicians is evident.

Congratulations for your new toy!

Happy listening to all!
    CLX, Stage X and Motion 4, BF-210 sub, Summits in second system. Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE amp, ET-7 Conrad Johnson pre, Exasound E-32 DAC with Teddy Pardo linear power supply, Shun Mook products, Nordost and DHLabs cables. Anthem AVM-60 audio and video processor. Anthem MCA-325 center and surround power amp. BPT Signature 3.5 Plus Balanced Line Power Conditioner.

Nothing to report yet Roberto. I am hoping to have time to open the boxes this afternoon and at look at them though.

I wish that I could be near you to help you out with this...but my heart is telling me that you are going to be a very happy listener...

Happy listening!
    CLX, Stage X and Motion 4, BF-210 sub, Summits in second system. Conrad Johnson Classic One Twenty SE amp, ET-7 Conrad Johnson pre, Exasound E-32 DAC with Teddy Pardo linear power supply, Shun Mook products, Nordost and DHLabs cables. Anthem AVM-60 audio and video processor. Anthem MCA-325 center and surround power amp. BPT Signature 3.5 Plus Balanced Line Power Conditioner.

Wow! Very nice looking speaker. Incredible job, and a well thought out design. I would love to know more about the performance.
    I love the sound of the big stat panel. Wish ML would go back to making a mid-level speaker with a large panel on par with the reQuest, CLS, and Monolith. Keeping with the sub-$10k price tag as well. One can dream...

Dan
    Kicking back somewhere in the desert, listening to my Logans....
    Click here to see my system
    Odyssey, Descent i, Theater, Vanquish

That's very impressive, look much better than the original.

I'm sure it's been asked and I may have missed the reply but where do the lower metal panels come from.

Sorry I missed your post. I used part of the old panels when I purchased new panels.