Sad week...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reybent

Reaction score
Hi guys! For a week ago I sold my Request. A grey day in my life. Reason why is that I got an offer that was really tempting, a Halcro SSP220 and MC50.
Just wanna try something else, so I sold the Request with the Denon AVC-A1XVA or in US version AVR-5805 (I think) So for the moment I only have my ML theater i, which by the way looks very lonely...
Funny thing is that my wife (god bless for her for accepting my hobby) was maybe a bit sad letting the Request go. Now the Request due to its size its not a very WAF, I thought she would be happy. But I think ML sound got into her skin. So now I think it will be much easier to get the approval I need to buy a new or used ML.
I will really miss the sound of Request, and maybe I will go for it again. But the vantage is also very tempting because of its size.
But would you guys say that Request and Vantage equal?

thanks for any answer!

No, IMO the Summit compares closer to the Request than Vantage. Many congrats on the Halcro, by the way :rocker:

Spike

I had Quests for 10 years and now have Summits. IMO the Quests and Summits aren't at all alike. You would have to listen to the new Logan sound to make sure that it is actually what you want.

I had Quests for 10 years and now have Summits. IMO the Quests and Summits aren't at all alike. You would have to listen to the new Logan sound to make sure that it is actually what you want.

I have a friend that owns the Summit and can compare the two. They are different no doubt! Bass is better integrated with the panel for sure. I use a sub that is connected balanced as a low pass filter at 80hz and I like my bass better that way BUT not alone as this is where the Summit is incredible.

Biggest difference would be mid range. They are both different but at the same time unique in their presentation. Details and dynamics are better with the Summit as well but I have brand new panels and they are better than the older Quest panels by a mile! The mids of the Quest are very hard to beat!

To say one is better is in the opinion of the owner and what sound you want. I like both with different types of music but the Quest still projects better probably because of the panel size in a bigger room. Just seems to have better stereo separation. The Quest is definately NOT an out dated speaker but the Summit just does most things better. If you want to beat your Request, you will have to buy no lower that the Spire or you will regret it.

The Summit, Spire and Vantage are definitely smaller and more compact in size than most of the older models. They are comparable to the Aeons and significantly smaller than the Ascents.

Thanks guys for your answer!
But still interested in more inputs...

Back