New Member and Martin Logan user for 15 years...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THETRACK

Reaction score
Good day to all....Perhaps I can get some expertise advice from this newly discovered Forum. I have been running with Martin Logan Aerius for my fronts and the SL3's in the rear since 1995. I recently had my first child and do to space constrictions, I have been looking into possibly getting rid of these and moving to the newer "wall models" or "ceiling models" that I have been seeing on their Webiste. Question #1: Are my current speakers worth anything?? (good condition ).Question#2: Are the newer, smaller Speakers just as capable on handling my Home Theatre system?? I have Martin Logan Center Channel, Sub-Woof., and Krell HTS Standard Amp. ( Also from late 90's ). So, I see the Fresco's, the Helos, and other brands that Martin Logan now have available, and wonder if this is a move that I can make??

Thanks so much for any feedback. Everyone have a great day.

THETRACK

Good day to all....Perhaps I can get some expertise advice from this newly discovered Forum. I have been running with Martin Logan Aerius for my fronts and the SL3's in the rear since 1995. I recently had my first child and do to space constrictions, I have been looking into possibly getting rid of these and moving to the newer "wall models" or "ceiling models" that I have been seeing on their Webiste. Question #1: Are my current speakers worth anything?? (good condition ).Question#2: Are the newer, smaller Speakers just as capable on handling my Home Theatre system?? I have Martin Logan Center Channel, Sub-Woof., and Krell HTS Standard Amp. ( Also from late 90's ). So, I see the Fresco's, the Helos, and other brands that Martin Logan now have available, and wonder if this is a move that I can make??

THETRACK

Hola...with all respect, you can not compare the electrostatic sound to a dynamic sound speakers. To all of us, electrostatic is the best sound. But very close to their sound is the ATF tech also by Martin Logan. If I were you, I will use the LS3 at front and the Aerius at the rear. Of course your speakers worth. Just listen other brands of speakers and you will say, they are still O.K. Now, the Fresco I is a good sounding speaker for small rooms. Perhaps all what you have to do is give to the panels a good shower, and put them back and listen. Yes, good shower!. At the tweak section of this forum, will guide you how to do the whole process to shower them. if the shower did not help, then a stat panel replacement is a must. But even, if you put some money in new panels, they will be hard to beat with other kind of speakers. Hope this will help, happy listening,
roberto.

THETRACK

Hello,
Welcome to MLC. The current speakers you have are still quite desirable and should be able to sell quite easily. Check out Audiogon.com. It is probably the best site to reach audiophiles from all over. There is also a Classified Section on this site as well. SL3's usually sell for around 1 thousand Dollars. Are your Aerius the "i" model or original Aerius? If Aerius i's maybe 1,100 at most. If original Aerius, 7-800 would be my guess. Having your original boxes would be a major plus.

The In Wall's are simply not going to compare to what you have. While the Helos is one of the best In Wall's on the market, it is a Soft Dome Tweeter and a 8 inch woofer. Whereas now, you have large Electrostatic Panels that are still excellent.

I also agree with Roberto about switching the SL3's to the front and moving the Aerius to the Surround channel. The SL3's go down much lower than the Aerius and will perform better for both stereo and HT.
Cheers,
ML

Last edited by a moderator:
Back