Carver TFM-25s ok for Quests?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leed

Reaction score
Hi:

Newbie here to this forum. Please have patience.

I have an opportunity to put together a new system for myself:
Quests powered by a pair of Carver TFM-25s.
I don't have either yet (I am a former Sequel II owner).
The Quests will take up most of my budget - I have an opportunity to get two Carver TFM-25s for $500 - to bi-amp the speakers.

Will the Carver's be able to handle the really low impedance load of the original Quests? Would bridging these amps be better for the Quests (and not bi-amping)?

I have spent many hours on the web trying to research this and have not found a reasonable answer that will allow me to blow my budget on an act of faith (I don't have the amps or the speakers - its a chicken/egg situation).

BTW, My listening room is 20x25x15.

Also, I had to replace the panels on my Sequel's. How often would this need to happen for Quests? Cost? Any experiences?

I really appreciate your opinions and directions.

Regards,
Lee

Low volumes it may work but the impedance will be an issue at higher volumes. If you bridge them its a guaranteed shut down of amps. I would look for a used Sunfire . Much better choice. and unlimited ability to run cool at low impedance. I had both at one time Carver gear and Sunfire and Sunfire is miles better. If you shop you can find one for around $600 to $800

I had a Carver TFM-35x driving my reQuests and it did an OK job....

They really shine with a high quality amp, though. See my review of the Pass X250 in the amplifier section.

Back