Spires Byston Monoblocks and Anthem AVM 50 ARC

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMJ7

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the Anthem AVM 50 (with ARC) and/or the Bryston 7BST monoblock driving the ML Spire? Thanks.

I heard the Bryston 7BSST with them in Montreal and they were sublime!!! Absolutely great equipment and extremely powerful.

I used a Bryston as my first, entry level amp into high fi. I have since moved on to more "musical" brands, but I have a lot of respect for what they do, and especially their performance/ price factor.

Bryston presents a lot of detail and is analytical. Your spires will just reflect that. If you like the Bryston sound, the power will be great for your Spires. If you don't, try something else.

Good luck and have fun

I love the ARC system.. It has made a world of difference in how my system sounds... I think the AVM50 is a pretty good processor. I like the Anthem stuff in general. I have a D2 w/ARC and love it.

I use a Bryston 14Bsst with Benchmark Dac1 pre.....I audtioned Conrad Johnson Premier 350, Rotel 1090, several Krells including 700 monoblocks and a Halcro on the dealers speaker (not MLs)...he had some Bat tube amps that I did not hear...the big Krells/ Halco/Bryston were practicaly a "draw" sonicaly..the Premier 350 was a little warmer but the very fine treble was just 1% behind the Halco and the Bryston...I bought the Bryston and couldn't be more pleased. I have CLSZ2 with a ACI subwoofer. I use a Modwright Transporter for 95% of my listening but feel the Benchmark DAC is slightly better for pure CD listening....what sounds musical to each is very individual in taste so try to hear your all your options/choices preferably on your speakers or a fairly similar model:music:

Does anyone have any experience with the Anthem AVM 50 (with ARC) and/or the Bryston 7BST monoblock driving the ML Spire? Thanks.

I have 2 Bryston 6B monoblocks, the precursor to the 7B, driving a set of Summits and am very happy with the sound. I also plan to add an Anthem D2 at some point and convert my system to a home theater set-up. You can't go wrong with a product that offers a 20-year warranty.

Back