Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you an audiophile?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm definitely an audiophile (or cinemaphile)

47 63.51%
  • I'm just an enthusiast

19 25.68%
  • I just appreciate the good things in life

8 10.81%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you an audiophile?

good then, i am an audiophile as well. thanks for the affirmation.
    ~My Preface System~
    Check out my photography website: http://jmimna.com/
    My live concert recording company: http://fmrecordingco.com/

I don't know, you tell me.
    I really don't care what my equipment looks like, i.e. if it matches, the wires are hidden, or aesthetically pleasing with the decor.
    But I will fiddle with it for hours.
    I can't talk shop because I don't have the means to purchase enough change-out equipment to do comparisons.
    But if I did I imagine I would have some expensive reference pieces on my rack(s).
    I'd rather talk about the artists music, The hows and whys it developed, and the artists careers than the product line or engineering of some component.
    If I lost all my audio equipment I'd cry. If I lost my hearing, I'd die.
    I tell people I'm not an "audiophile", but they tell me I am.

Anglophile, Francophile, Bibliophile, . . . All have an air of focusing on the outward affectations and disregard the contents.

Audiophile yes BUT only because I love to hear music sound its best. Music first.

Former audiophile secondary to lack of funds and a change in living situation.
    Joey "kid grown up" V
    4 months away from the new and improved 2ch room...

Hey Joey,

You're still an audiophile... BTW, your old Cary SLP 98P is rockin' Spires now.

Ray

I don't know that I could call myself an audiophile yet, but I am probably headed in that direction. I've already been through a lot of gear. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Satch View Post
    Hey Joey,

You're still an audiophile... BTW, your old Cary SLP 98P is rockin' Spires now.

Ray
    Thanks Ray!!

Good to know that I still am an audiophile and that the 98 is still-a-rockin'!
    Joey "kid grown up" V
    4 months away from the new and improved 2ch room...

I marked enthusiast, but I probably lean more toward the Audiophile/Videophile position. (Check my system to see what I mean.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimna View Post
    is it possible to be an audiophile who can afford to live like one? or does the lack of ability to aquire the best gear make me simply an enthusiast? ive often wondered this question.

my recording rig certainly qualifies me, but i think my playback then removes me...im conflicted.
    In my, no so HO, it is not what you own, but what you do with it. How you approach it. One does not have to be able to afford the high priced spread to be an audiophool, I mean -phile.

I am sure you qualify.

Bruce
    PRODIGY, HP server - MC19, jPlay 4.3a, Windows 8, USB-S/PDIF cnvrtr, or (Linn/UltraCraft unipivot w/ VTAF, GAS Sleeping Beauty, CJ PV5 phono) to Berhringer SRC2496 to DEQ2496, W4S DAC-2, JP200 clone, Manley NeoClassic 250 monos - Cardas Helink Golden 5-C, reversed Zero autofrmrs, AQ 144V Volcano to stats,Behringer DCX2496 to bridged modified Behringer EP4000's - Geortz MI 3 to woofers and 2 Depth subs, Aural Thrills ACS interconnects

I love the music and like messing around with equipment as well.
    My ML CLS IIz/Pass Labs/JL Audio system here: http://www.martinloganowners.com/for...ead.php?t=9676