Cable and speaker wire recommendations

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agente007

Reaction score
I just purchased a pair of MartinLogan Purity speakers and got the Encore TF center (for free!). I plan on connecting them to a Pioneer Elite SC-27 receiver. Since the Purities are powered I was planning on connecting them through the pre-outs. Does anyone have any recommendations for RCA interconnects for the Purities and a quality speaker cable for the Encore? I've gotten a wide range of advice but not from anyone who has ML's themselves so any suggestions from this group would be most helpful. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello,
I am personally a big fan of Kimber Kable. Since you only need one run of cable, I would go with 8TC or higher and specify Kimber's WBT connectors.
Especially locking bananas on the receiver end.

For interconnects, I would recommend the Hero. They have WBT connectors and are not hideously expensive.
Cheers,
ML

Buy Nordosts. You'll never regret it. They have a VERY good track record with Martin Logan speakers. If price is a factor, you can often get them used for a significant discount (50%-75% below retail new). Check EBAY or Audiogon...

The Solar Winds and Blue Heavens are good mid-range cables, and will give you a level of clarity, speed and detail that are nearly impossible to find in other cables of similar price.

I had Solar Winds between my Sequels and my Carver Silver 7t monoblocks for about 3 years, and they were the best I've ever had in my rig. I am still kicking myself for selling those Nordosts. Hopefully I'll replace them with an upgraded pair sometime in the future.

But then again, speaker cable selection is DEFINITELY in the ear of the beholder... ;)

--Richard

No offense, but I think Nordost would be overkill for Purity's driven by a receiver. I simply recommend Blue Jean Cables... LC-1 interconnects to the Purity's, and their Belden 5000 series speaker cable (either 12g or 10g) to the Encore. Great performance and a great value.

For speaker cables.. I've run Nordost Solar Winds, Anti Cables & Signal Cable. My personal preference is the Signal by a smidgen over the Nordost. My Solar Winds are in the box and I'll try them again when I move in a couple of months.
Driving Clarity's with Rotel AVR & now with a Rotel 250wpc Class D amp.

For interconnects - same - my preference is the Signal Cable (sold the Blue Heaven interconnects) - may want to go with the silver.
Great bang for the buck.

No offense, but I think Nordost would be overkill for Purity's driven by a receiver. I simply recommend Blue Jean Cables... LC-1 interconnects to the Purity's, and their Belden 5000 series speaker cable (either 12g or 10g) to the Encore. Great performance and a great value.

no offense taken. I'm still getting my feet wet with my introduction to ML's and assembling a system. I would agree the Nordost may be more than I need. I am going with Signal Cable, both for ICs and speaker cable. Signal seems like a great value for the price. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I'm sure to have more questions as I make additions to my system.

I think Audio Metalurgy GA-0s are great interconnects at a steal of a price.

Analysis Plus is another good mid-range cable manufacturer.

I use a pair of LAT International IC-300 signature (RCA) for my Puritys and a SS-1000 MKII (speaker cable) for my center channel (Stage). They're fantastic cables.

bluejeanscable
I have purity and bjc, I have tried a few others, don't spend your money....
Nikos

One vote for DH Labs.

"Relatively" affordable with little sonic signature of its own in my system.

Obvious advice. If possible, arrange for an in home audition for preferably one month with a money back guarantee.

This will insure the cable is fully broken and allow you to make the best "informed" decision.

GG

Back