Anybody at Atlanta CEDIA?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roberto

Reaction score
Hola chicos...a ML friend told me that at the ML booth will be showing new models...anybody there? Please pics!...happy listening,
Roberto.

I'm not there, but I believe they are officially unveiling their "wireless" capable subs in the Dynamo series, but nothing otherwise new, as far as I know. They are also demo'ing the CLX, so I'm hoping to see some pics and/or reviews from attendees. I'm surprised they haven't posted anything new on Facebook or Twitter.

I live in Atlanta and would attend this event , do you have to be a liscensed audio vendor to attend this ? or can you just show up at the show and register to get in

Had a great time with Devin Zell and the ML crew. They had great sound in their room, and even built a custom pair of CLX's to match the McIntosh motif!

Very cool.

Their new little speakers with the AMT Tweeters are bitchin!

If you need some small speakers for another system these are very cool...

That just sounds ridiculously cool.:drool:

Any pics?

Here's the pic from CEDIA off their FB page, but it's not a very good photo.

Attachments

• Logan.jpg
    Logan.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 345
A cut-out shot showing off the cascading folded bass port found in the new speakers coming out in a few months.

Attachments

• IMGP0046.jpg
    IMGP0046.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 308
Hmmm, are they coming out with a bookshelf series, or is this a wall-mounted model?

...I'm hoping the wireless sub technology might "trickle up" to the Descent/Depth lines, as that would solve a major problem for me!

They must have some way of addressing radio interference. Otherwise, there could potentially be some interesting sounds coming out of the sub. Has this been an issue with other wireless speakers?

They must have some way of addressing radio interference. Otherwise, there could potentially be some interesting sounds coming out of the sub. Has this been an issue with other wireless speakers?

It uses the 2.4GHz channel, but is designed to self-sense and constantly adjusts to prevent interferences. There's also error bidirectional feedback which monitors the integrity of the data stream.

~J

I'm curious. Any reason why this technology couldn't be added to the ESL line of subs (aside from perhaps limiting it to only a single input source)? Is there, perhaps, a slight delayed signal response, or background noise that audio/videophiles would find objectionable? I have an open entry to one side of my family/listening room which really limits where I can place a wired sub, but wireless would give me more placement options.

I'm curious. Any reason why this technology couldn't be added to the ESL line of subs (aside from perhaps limiting it to only a single input source)? Is there, perhaps, a slight delayed signal response, or background noise that audio/videophiles would find objectionable? I have an open entry to one side of my family/listening room which really limits where I can place a wired sub, but wireless would give me more placement options.

I would suspect that bandwidth limitation would prevent wireless being used in a real high end setup, in addition to the problems of RFI etc. that you mention.

I would suspect that bandwidth limitation would prevent wireless being used in a real high end setup, in addition to the problems of RFI etc. that you mention.

Not really, remember, it's low-frequencies only. So let's say max 500hz is what we want to pass on this channel, then a sampling rate of 1K should be enough, but let's be generous and use double the minimum Nyquist frequency, and sample at 2Khz. Using 16 bits to encode volume should be enough, but let's go crazy and use 20 bits to encode that. Add in some error-checking and what not, and the actual audio payload is about 5KB/sec. Wrap all that in a standard transport protocol and we maybe might reach 6KB or so per second of transmission bandwidth required.

That's nothing these days. Piece of cake to get error-free delivery of that class of payload.

The real problem is going to be latency. As all that encoding/decoding and re-clocking will necessarily introduce additional delay in the resulting signal.

So this class of product would only be acceptable in a system where the preamp-processor did an in-room analysis of speaker delays and adjusted all channels to be correctly time aligned.

Latest posts

Back