Upgrades to the Clarity...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_F

Reaction score
Does anyone do any upgrades to the Clarity, outside of using plasti-putty (what is that? anyone got a link?) and bracing the cabinets (any pics?).

Just wondering if anyone's looked at the capacitors, spikes (mine are on flat feet) or cabinet damping?

Thanks, Tim

hey Tim.. the first thing you should definitely do is spike them & work on placement. With the spikes, the bass is tighter (you'll never go back to flat feet) and with proper placement, imaging can shine.

I find that even a difference of 1/2 an inch toe in can make or break the imaging. There are a log of good resources here and on the net regarding placement.

Also, don't use the NAC (top mounted tweeter). I haven't really used the NAC for years.. maybe once in a while to help fill the room when I have a party.. otherwise, they're off.

I haven't done any mods to my Clarity and do not feel the need to.

Have fun and enjoy the process.

Cheers, Mark

ditto on the NAC comment...turned it off shortly after purchasing the speakers several years ago and never turned it back on.

Back