New Member, all components unhooked

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanMa

Reaction score
I purchased my CLS's soon after they came out, updated them to II's and then z's, used them for many years and unhooked them and all else some 5 or more years ago when a neighbor complained about the noise. (My hearing is not what it was and I guess I was playing them far too loud.) I did have some problems with them towards the end and was told (by M-L) to use a hair dryer on the panels. That seemed to work. The last straw was a piece of rubber that seemed to loosen in one end at top and just hung down. It is still just hanging. Now they are just sitting in one end of the living room along with my old Audio Research preamp (an updated SP9) and a pair of VTL compact 100s. Every once in awhile I think of hooking them up again to see if all is well. I would have to get a new cd player and some new interconnects. But I think of how wonderful they were and all of the fun I had with them. But I still enjoy reading about them and thus decided to enter this forum after coming upon it while googling ML.

I purchased my CLS's soon after they came out, updated them to II's and then z's, used them for many years and unhooked them and all else some 5 or more years ago when a neighbor complained about the noise. (My hearing is not what it was and I guess I was playing them far too loud.) I did have some problems with them towards the end and was told (by M-L) to use a hair dryer on the panels. That seemed to work. The last straw was a piece of rubber that seemed to loosen in one end at top and just hung down. It is still just hanging. Now they are just sitting in one end of the living room along with my old Audio Research preamp (an updated SP9) and a pair of VTL compact 100s. Every once in awhile I think of hooking them up again to see if all is well. I would have to get a new cd player and some new interconnects. But I think of how wonderful they were and all of the fun I had with them. But I still enjoy reading about them and thus decided to enter this forum after coming upon it while googling ML.

Welcome to the club, Alan. Just put them back on, and please tell us how they sound after years of being set aside. I have mine CLS II purchased not long ago. They are still with original panels since the production date, i guess. But they sound as new. May be i am lucky enough to get them from the previous owner who really took care of them intensively. ***Pat***

Back