System #327 (CLS IIz)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

churchill

Reaction score
Name: Mark

Model: CLS IIz

Year: Purchased in 2010

Mods: None

Pass Labs XP-10 Preamp
Pass Labs XVR1 Electronic Crossover
Pass Labs XA60.5 Class A monos
Squeezebox Touch
Wyred 4 Sound DAC2
Denon 2900 CDP (Transport)
JL Audio F112 atop a ASC Sub Trap
Shunyata Research Hydra 2
Shunyata Research Copperhead power cable
Kimber Kable AGDL Digital Cable
Kimber Kable Hero Balanced Audio Cables
Kimber Kable 8TC Speaker Cables
Magic Cable Power Cables
Furman Elite 15i Power Conditioner
All outlets PS Audio Power Ports with 2 dedicated 20 amp lines, 2 dedicated 15 amp lines.
Billy Bags 2303 Audio Rack
2-Billy Bags 2020 Amp stands
1-pr Arcici CLS speaker stands
1-GIK Elite Pillar Bass Trap
4-ASC Tube Traps
27-ATS Sound Panels

Comments: I've wanted a pair ML's since I heard them at CES in 1990. I finally got around to finishing a dedicated listen room in 2008. This system was put together from November 2008 through current. Room treatments have really helped dial in the sound. This room is 10 ft wide and 18 feet long with 1 inch drywall all around. Carpet over a concrete floor.

Attachments

• P1000156.jpg
    P1000156.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,916
Last edited:
mark, your system #327........that number evokes great memories for me...my first Vette had the base 327 / 300hp....1966

Here are a couple more room pics.

Attachments

• P1000170.jpg
    P1000170.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 2,366
  • P1000171.jpg
    P1000171.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 2,297
Last edited:
I just love it! Nothing better then a dedicated listening room for your MLs! :music:

Great system - envy your dedicated room! If only.........one day!

That's some pretty heavy treatment you've got there too - I assume it was a fairly lively room?

Last edited:
Sweet! I love the single sweet spot throne! Looks like another exquisite pure digital setup! Don't let the vinylphiles corrupt you! :D

Sweet! I love the single sweet spot throne! Looks like another exquisite pure digital setup! Don't let the vinylphiles corrupt you! :D

Bah! There are those of us who think that "exquisite pure digital setup" is oxymoronic! Let the vinylphile corruption begin... :)

just you and your speakers now how could that be wrong lol how is the bass? I have found problems in rooms of that shape with the bass?

Nice room. I'm so sure my wife would allow me to dedicate one of the rooms in the house for my listening room. I wonder would I be able to keep the high heel up my ass in the divorce settlement.

just remember it's always easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Thanks guys for the kind comments! :bowdown:

Fish- the bass has been the hardest to dial in. The A.R.O. that comes with the JL does a pretty good job of smoothing out the response. I'm happy with my the bass response now. The 4 inch panels behind my speakers helped as well.

A couple more pics of my other equipment:

Attachments

• P1000163.jpg
    P1000163.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2,574
  • P1000164.jpg
    P1000164.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 2,437
Last edited:
Thanks guys for the kind comments! :bowdown:

Fish- the bass has been the hardest to dial in. The A.R.O. that comes with the JL does a pretty good job of smoothing out the response. I'm happy with my the bass response now. The 4 inch panels behind my speakers helped as well.

One more pic of my other equipment:

yup my room resembles the shape of yours I have a good idea of what it sounds like.

Great system - envy your dedicated room! If only.........one day!

That's some pretty heavy treatment you've got there too - I assume it was a fairly lively room?

Yes Adam, the room was not listenable until I started with the panels, the more I added the better it sounded.

Nice set up.. LOVE all the panels on the walls.. Great set up, its:rocker: nice and clean..

Gorgeous! ((Envy))

I can only imagine the imaging. I'd give someone else's right arm to experience that.

Also- that chaise looks damn comfy.

Nice system Churchill, and the room, especially how your audio rack is at arms length, swap out cd's without getting up. Also ideal for a turntable, you wouldn't miss a note walking back to your chair. (yes i'm lazy)

Nice system Churchill, and the room, especially how your audio rack is at arms length, swap out cd's without getting up. Also ideal for a turntable, you wouldn't miss a note walking back to your chair. (yes i'm lazy)

Thanks Dan and mlknit!

Yeah its nice to be able to reach the volume and change sampling rates on my DAC from the chair!:D

Back