Statement E2 For Cheap

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominick22

Reaction score
Ebay has a pair of E2's for sale at $50,000! Thats a bargain! Nearly half the retail.
Anyway, go to ebay and type martin logan and they will come up. Let me know if anyopne buys them!
Good Luck,
Dominick

Dominick22 said:
Ebay has a pair of E2's for sale at $50,000! Thats a bargain! Nearly half the retail.
Anyway, go to ebay and type martin logan and they will come up. Let me know if anyopne buys them!
Good Luck,
Dominick

My brother and I were looking at that yesterday. He pointed out that while it is a great deal (relative to retail), it is equal to a Mastercraft and a half...or two slightly used Mastercrafts. That was more than enough to convince me to stick with my Clarities! :D

If only money was not a concern...where's my lottery ticket?

I wish I had the money....

I wish I had the money too.... I would definatly concider purchasing the E2's posted here... Oh, to dream! :)

-Robin

Amazing how our perspective of "Cheap" can change. Think about it, when does $50,000 become cheap?

Joey_V said:
May I ask why?
Yes you may. :D

I am just not interested.

They are big, really big, they really need there own acoustically treated room, detected electronics. I am more interested in matching speakers, like running six ascents or summits speakers then a pair of statements. I am the kind of person that needs to hear the gear first before I really get excited about it. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t understand why you are so gung ho about getting a pair of summits that you have yet to hear?

After wanting a pair of prodigy’s for so long and now Martin Logan releasing a smaller speaker with a big sound like that of the prodigy’s I have grown to like the idea more and more of running a smaller speaker that can easily visually and sonically disappear.

It’s just a personal preference.

P.S. when I see the Statements I think of that line from the movie Sherk “Perhaps he’s compensating for something?” :D

Zip3kx07 said:
It’s one of the reasons why I don’t understand why you are so gung ho about getting a pair of summits that you have yet to hear?

I figured that if they are able to improve on the house sound of Martin Logan, then it must be good. Call me a blind follower, but I believe. Perhaps faith? LOL...

Actually, I really really like the Summits' appearance. That whole industrial/minimalistic look is the kind of look that I was hoping ML was going to move towards since I heard about ML a year or two ago. So I guess you take the sexy looks and add to that an awesome Martin Logan house-sound... and you have my dream speaker.

When and if I do buy a pair, I will have to audition it, but for now... let's keep the Summits on my wishlist. :D

Joey_V said:
I figured that if they are able to improve on the house sound of Martin Logan, then it must be good. Call me a blind follower, but I believe. Perhaps faith? LOL...

That's a $10,000 leap of faith. :D

Zip3kx07 said:
That's a $10,000 leap of faith. :D

Still got to hear it first... but more than likely, its a good type of faith! ;)

Ahh, we can all dream cant we? Perhaps at that level, there are better speakers - who knows... I certainly dont. When I'm knocking at that level's door, then I'll be sure to make an informed choice, until then... dream dream dream. :)

yeah like I have a spare 40 bigs ones laying around. :eek:

Maybe they will take my daughter in trade??????????? :confused:
On second thought the price would go back up........never mind

Jeff :cool:

Jeff Zaret said:
yeah like I have a spare 40 bigs ones laying around. :eek:

Maybe they will take my daughter in trade??????????? :confused:
On second thought the price would go back up........never mind

You have one of those offspring too? I certainly understand why some animals eat their young. LOL.

Actually I am kidding. I love my daughters with all my heart. Plus, it is a crime to kill them!

I have one of each.

My daughter I am sure would be tough like everything else she puts me through :eek:.
My daughter is the only one who is here and that is part time. :) My son is on his own. yippeee!!!!!

It's $21.92 per day, for the next Five years. And after that it is free!

:D

Attachments

• ml-s.jpg
    ml-s.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
If I didn't have 2 kids in college and one on the way...

Yes,

If I could swing it, I would... I'd even make a special trip. I'd rent a U-Haul truck and drive to LA to pick them up myself... The only problem (besides how much they cost) is, what joe, eluded to the acoustically treated room and the dedicated electronics... If I put these puppies in my 12'x11'x8' room I think, I would quickly develop a server case of clostraphobia, not to mention probable hearing loss... I'm not even sure they would fit? I might be able to fit a small folding chair (without arms), in the HT room, with the E2's, but I don't know what I'd do with and the rest of my gear / ML's. I least, I could finially, get rid of my, 'Sony' rear speakers though..., the E2's would be a pair of, 40K replacements. :)

Cheers

-Robin

Latest posts

Back