Quad Amp with Vantages

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ex Lion Tamer

Reaction score
Has anyone heard the Quad 909 with thier ML's (especially Vantages)? They seem as though they would be an ideal marriage (budget marriage at least). I have read great reviews on these relatively inexpensive amps.

Power output should be no problem. But you might want to check if the 909 can handle the low impedance. I used to have a Quad 405 and it couldn't. You're looking for a graph of power vs. impedance. HTH.

XLT - No experience of the 909 with MLs but may I suggest if you are exploring the Classic amplifier route it's worth considering the Michell Orca (pre) Alecto (monoblocks) combination? A more recent design, for a SS amp, the Michell really will be a marriage made in heaven for Vantages :music:
(These I have heard in action with MLs)

Visually they are also works of art....therefore an even better match for Logans :D
I also know of quite a few Quad Stat owners who prefer this amp to Quads own offerings...

Power-wise, unless I'm mistaken, I think they provide in the region of 1000VA supply per mono. Should be pretty comfortable but there are some potent upgrades available (even now) that increase their capability even further.
Worth considering.....
Whichever you choose I'm sure it will give much musical reward :music:

Victor.

XLT - No experience of the 909 with MLs but may I suggest if you are exploring the Classic amplifier route it's worth considering the Michell Orca (pre) Alecto (monoblocks) combination? A more recent design, for a SS amp, the Michell really will be a marriage made in heaven for Vantages :music:
(These I have heard in action with MLs)

Visually they are also works of art....therefore an even better match for Logans :D
I also know of quite a few Quad Stat owners who prefer this amp to Quads own offerings...

Power-wise, unless I'm mistaken, I think they provide in the region of 1000VA supply per mono. Should be pretty comfortable but there are some potent upgrades available (even now) that increase their capability even further.
Worth considering.....
Whichever you choose I'm sure it will give much musical reward :music:

Victor.
Resurrecting a very old post, flagged to me when I just posted a recommendation for Alectos in the 'which is the best amp' thread. Having just swapped in a pair of recently upgraded (250wRMS/8ohm) Alecto II monoblocs in place of a Mark Levinson 331 (which was merely brilliant), I can confidently say that, even after all this time, the Alectos are a exemplary amp for Electrostatics.

Latest posts

Back