Scooter talk.......part 2

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
While I am more than happy with my present ride ('08 FLHX) I am completely 'ga-ga' over Harley's new XR-1200. It ilicits so many memories of my youth watching the 750's totally dominate the Syracuse mile with the likes of Scotty Parker and 'Springer' winning everything in sight.

there's one (just like the pic attached) sitting on my dealers floor.........I keep telling myself....."don't do anything foolish now" !! :cool:

Attachments

• pnw_spxr1200_dom_c01_sws_w1024[1].jpg
    pnw_spxr1200_dom_c01_sws_w1024[1].jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 168
agreed Tom and the silver version is knockout as well.

hey....BTW, when are we gonna' se some pics and a write up from your recent bike trip up North ??

Tom that is a GREAT website you've put together....superb job !! I've enjoyed reading all about your journey so far with your bike. Excellent write-ups on your trips, interesting that I have similar pics from the trip Shirley and I took along the Oregon coast four years ago !

to console you... I had one out for a very brief ride and for a big guy like me (6-5/270) it ain't comfy

Jerry, while I have no plans to sell my FLHX, my frame (6'1" / 240#) obviously fits it better than yours.

I really love the 'naked' style of bike, Triumphs being one of my favorite (pic attached) the Xr-1200 is Harleys version.

Attachments

• streettripler_2009_510x347[1].jpg
    streettripler_2009_510x347[1].jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 137
here is my ride!
been real happy with it so far!

Attachments

• trikenft.jpg
    trikenft.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 115
Jerry, while I have no plans to sell my FLHX, my frame (6'1" / 240#) obviously fits it better than yours.

I really love the 'naked' style of bike, Triumphs being one of my favorite (pic attached) the Xr-1200 is Harleys version.

The Triumph is a sweet ride, but if I was going to get away from the cruisers and choppers I would go after the Benelli Cafe Racer. Super exotic baby!

Attachments

• Benelli.jpg
    Benelli.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 99
Took Home Some New Hardware

I entered a bike show last weekend that was professionally judged by a group from the local motorcycle & car preservation society and took home all the hardware including the Best of Show award!

Attachments

• Trophey.jpg
    Trophey.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 65
  • mlbike.jpg
    mlbike.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 66
Nice job on the 'Star' ! It's looks are that of a modern era V-max and one my favorites from the eighties........ the HD 'Sturgis'.

Very nice! I had a royal star when they first came out. Yamaha builds a nice product. I used to track an R6, another great Yamaha product.

I'm really impressed with the XR1200. It's one of the few bikes that pulls off a genuine look.

The Street Triple, though, is one hell of a motorcycle. I honestly think that the triple is the best street motorcycle engine compromise. I've ridden the older 955, the new 1050, and even an older 900 Thunderbird, and the engine's ability to push the bike at any revs, plus provide some spinny joy on the top end really does it for me.

I'm really impressed with the XR1200. It's one of the few bikes that pulls off a genuine look.

The Street Triple, though, is one hell of a motorcycle. I honestly think that the triple is the best street motorcycle engine compromise. I've ridden the older 955, the new 1050, and even an older 900 Thunderbird, and the engine's ability to push the bike at any revs, plus provide some spinny joy on the top end really does it for me.

MotorToad,

Can't agree more, a triple on song is a sound you won't mistake for anything short of a race bike. I have 3 Triumph Triples, plus a parts bike. One a 1975 T160 I bought new in 76 and it is bone stock and technically unrestored. But as you can see it is Museum quality. I have maybe 30,000 miles on it, but have kept it immaculate throughout its life, only replacing parts as they have worn out.

The other is a 1975 T160 that I turned into a black and red cafe bike back in the late 90s.

The third bike is an unrestored 1969 Trident T150. I need to get some pics of it, I don't ride it and it is not my favorite bike so it lives up in the barn. It is going into our rebuild shop this winter so I will have to get before and after restoration shots when we do that.

Hobbies keep me going.:D

Attachments

• JoeA-130-1.jpg
    JoeA-130-1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 42
  • JoeA-130-3.jpg
    JoeA-130-3.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 37
  • JoeA-130-5.jpg
    JoeA-130-5.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 39
  • JoeA-270-1.jpg
    JoeA-270-1.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 41
  • JoeA-270-2.jpg
    JoeA-270-2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 41
JM, you 'da man !! sleds and bikes........again....fantastic !!

Back