Slight ticking sound with new Quest panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well his speakers are fifteen years old if jim gives him a new panel it may sound different just because of age and then he would have to send him yet another one.[

What are you talking about??? It is obvious that we were talking about his new panels and you cannot purchase just one panel anyway.My point was there have been a few people who have recieved non consecutive serial numbers on their speakers.Therefore the panels are not part of a matched set.Even though they had assured these people they are fine,there could be a huge differance in their panels.Questy was told he was sent a new pair because they are matched.This completely contradicts what they told the non-consecutive serial number speakers that were purchased from buyers.I am glad they resolved your issue,Questy.Happy listening.

are you still all upset about that whole serial number issue?whatever the case may be these panels can be a tricky thing to get them just right that's why Logan is sending two there customer service is top notch period why are you always so suspect that everybody is trying to deceive you ? I really do not think that is at all the case

Last edited:
I have to agree Fish as this is not uncommon service from them as far as I know because many others have stated that they were treated in a very fair manner. Also, we should take into account that the Canadian Distributor (Plurison) had a lot to do with this decision in the first place I would believe.

I am not questioning the service.

I am very glad you have gotten your problem resolved.I do not understand the negative attitude Fishman.I have never spoken about ML customer service in a negative way.I am a Martin Logan owner myself for over 14 years.I am only curious as to why they have two differant explanations for the panels being matched pairs.They should be in matched pairs.Therefore the reasoning is that if the speakers are not consecutive serial numbers,then they are not matched at the factory.You do not question why there has been two completely differant explanations?

Last edited:
Just received my new pair of stators for free to replace my defective ones from ML. I am very grateful to Plurison and Jim Power for their wonderful service and no questions asked attitude!! I love these speakers, especially their rich midrange. Gresat company

Thank you

I think that you should build a center channel out of the good panel that doesn't tick.

Now that would be cool :music:

Cheers
Steve

Just finished installing the new panels......................no more ticking!

It was ever so slight that I did not think it was a problem and by Jim's standards it also was not but they agreed that I should not have this at all in new material. Talk about great service.

Now I have a 12 year old set and a 3 month old set that I don't know what to do with!!!!!!!!! I should open a used Quest Stator shop! I suppose I will find someone that can't afford to buy a new set and sell them for cheap just to get them out of the house cause they are big mothers!!

By the way...........they sound sublime!!! and they are 1 hour old:music:

I threw out my old stators, they were also 12 years old.
Such a shame, I did think of using them as decoration in my Home Theater, but the Wife was not too impressed :D as they are so big.

The new panels took about a week to stabilise, just got better and better as the days went on, then they stabilised with the awesome ML sound.

Do enjoy them.

Cheers
Steve

Just finished installing the new panels......................no more ticking!

It was ever so slight that I did not think it was a problem and by Jim's standards it also was not but they agreed that I should not have this at all in new material. Talk about great service.

Now I have a 12 year old set and a 3 month old set that I don't know what to do with!!!!!!!!! I should open a used Quest Stator shop! I suppose I will find someone that can't afford to buy a new set and sell them for cheap just to get them out of the house cause they are big mothers!!

By the way...........they sound sublime!!! and they are 1 hour old:music:
Hey Questy...let me know if you are willing to part with your other panels...

Latest posts

Back