System #325 (Summit)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Gray

Reaction score
System #325 (MBL 116)

1) Gordon Gray

2) Alto, NM

3) Joseph Audio Pulsars / REL T7i subwoofer

4) Date purchased / October 2017

5) None.

6) Pass Labs X250.5 amp, Conrad Johnson ET5 preamp with Seimens NOS (circa 1970) tube, Luxman D06u CDP, Magnum Dynalab MD606 XM tuner, Shunyata Research interconnects and power cords, Signal Cable speaker wire, Shunyata Research PS8 power strip with Defender, Cardas RCA caps, Michael Green "clamp" rack, and Mapleshade "Tri Point" Brass cones under all electronics.

7) Have owned electrostatics for last 25 years or so. Acoustat 1 + 1's, ML CLS2A's, Aerius, SL3's, and Summits. Had MBL 116's for some six years following Summits. Retired and moved into a new house in New Mexico. Decided to "downsize" on the speakers / top picture.

PREVIOUS MBL SYSTEM PICTURES 7/29/16 UPDATE CURRENT HOUSE 3/10/19

Attachments

• IMG_9127.jpg
    IMG_9127.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 7,871
  • IMG_9608.jpg
    IMG_9608.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 1,176
  • IMG_9620.jpg
    IMG_9620.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,252
  • IMG_9614.jpg
    IMG_9614.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 1,285
  • 100_0997.jpg
    100_0997.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Hi Gordon, good to see your system finally posted....but you only gave us a "teaser" of a glimpse of that great view that Rich told me about out your window !

Last edited:
Gorgeous setup! And welcome to the BSS (Bubinga Summits Society)! I bet they sound superb with your C-J and Pass gear! Did you really drill holes in your floor for running wires? :eek:

Yes I did but have a way of patching so it will look OK once I move.

The Pyramid item is a candle holder with a mirror in back.

Actually, it's a sound tuning device mechanism. :)

Looks nice at night when listening in the dark.

Dave, I posted a picture of a "partial" view out my front window.

GG

Last edited:
WOW!! Nice setup and your view is just lovely.:rocker: Thanks for sharing.

Glen

The Pyramid item is a candle holder with a mirror in back.

Actually, it's a sound tuning device mechanism. :)
Made by Marigo ? :D

BTW (and I'm not pulling your chain here) I thought you would need more dots than I see on the windows, specifically in the middle.

Gordon! How could you? You were one of the last holdouts who hadn't posted his system. Now the pressure is really on. :D

By the way, your system and your view looks as magnificent as always. And I know from experience that the Cary-CJ-Pass-Summit combination sounds wonderful. Although, I do think you could do CLX's in your place with no problem. Perhaps your next upgrade? ;)

Gordon! How could you? You were one of the last holdouts who hadn't posted his system. Now the pressure is really on. :D

By the way, your system and your view looks as magnificent as always. And I know from experience that the Cary-CJ-Pass-Summit combination sounds wonderful. Although, I do think you could do CLX's in your place with no problem. Perhaps your next upgrade? ;)

Yes Rich,

Time to pony up to the saddle. No more excuses Amigo.

And to all who have posted such kind remarks, a big THANK YOU. Pictures are fairly indicative of all the natural light I get in my living room because of the windows.

Bernard, if you look at the bottom of the window in the first picture, you'll see the additional ATS panels I attached to the windows. Total of four plus five more below and to the sides of the window.

Best,

Gordon

Last edited:
Gordon what a great house you have in a perfect setting , I really like your setup thanks for sharing it with us.

Larry

Man that is a beautiful set up. I love the wide plank floor. The view is to die for. Why did I stay in MI. Love the room.

Very Nice Gordon. :bowdown:

Looks stunning Gordon, I'll bet it sounds every bit as good as it looks!

What a great place to relax and enjoy your music. Good for you!;)

I imagine a cigar on that Ekornes stressless is rather relaxing.it looks as though you do allow smoking in that room which is cool.like the others said nice view and equipment.

Hi Gordon! I just saw this thread and your home and view is gorgeous!!

I couldn't help but wonder, have you moved from the MS speaker wire? The holes in the floor is an unusual but spot on fix for keeping the theme clean and uncluttered.

As I said on the phone, I'll try again this coming weekend and stop the phone tag!

Again, a very nice home and what I visualized it to be.

Gordon

Hi G,

Switched from the MS to DH Labs. Offers all of the best attributes of MS speaker wire (quick, transparent, dimensional) with a bit more mid / lower bass body. Talk to you this weekend.

Best,

GG

Hey Gordon,

That is an absolutely stunning all around set up!

Your Ekornes Stressless recliner looks like either a "Memphis" or a "Savannah". I was wondering how long it took to break it in, optimal positioning and overall satisfaction. :) J/K... I just ordered an Ekornes Stressless "Ambassador". Big Labor Day sale. Mine will be black with natural trim, risers and a little swing table. Oh yeah, and the ottoman.

Satch

Back