Really Fast Cars Going Really Slow For Days

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenscollick

Reaction score
I had the opportunity to check out the Woodward Dream Cruise for a few hours on Saturday.

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q...Nf6n2fsO&sa=X&oi=news_group&ct=title&resnum=1

This is a gear heads dream all kinds or cars from restored Hudsons, Packards and Studebakers, to insane muscle cars and beyond. I was standing near the curb when a Cobra stopped for the light checking it out it said 427 Tunnel Ram the little hairs on the back of my neck were standing out as it was idling at about 1400 RPM,s Definately one of the coolest cars there.

I've been told many times from other mutual cruisers, hot rodders, and musclecar owners on how spectacular this event is. Most of them use the phrase "mind boggling" to describe it. Maybe I'll get out there some year and become part of the swarm! These kind of events give you the opportunity to see cars you don't get to see very often.

I cruised two years ago but the bumper to bumper crawl became very tedious. Since then I park on a side street and take my camera in hand to capture the sights and excitement.

FYI for those who dont know... The Woodward Dream Cruise is the world's largest single day auto enthusiast event held once a year on the third Saturday in August in the greater Detroit area. It celebrates mostly classic cars and involves cruising up and parking along Woodward Ave. Tens of thousands of cars cruise up and down Woodward Ave which holds the designation as the first road in the world to be paved with concrete. Over 1.5 million spectators from around the world line the streets each year. Some even camp out for up to a week in advance to stake out prime parking/viewing spots along the avenue.

Here are my photos from this year... ENJOY!

IMG_3620.JPG

IMG_3623.JPG

IMG_3612.JPG

IMG_3626.JPG

IMG_3619.JPG

Slideshow Here:

Click here to watch the slideshow (need Flash plug-in)

I've been there many times, need to take about four years off in between to keep my perspective fresh.

Nice photos, good lighting on that white Vette.

Back