Spikes for Ascent i

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willsavun

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been experimenting with different spikes for my Ascent i speakers and have found that they make a huge difference.

The new ETC spikes that are available from the ML store are 1/4 inch and do not fit the Ascent i speakers which (I think) have a 3/8 inch thread. Any suggestions?

Hi Will,

Use the "search" feature. Enter "spikes".

I trust you'll find numerous OEM options.

And I agree with you. The correct spikes, improving the speaker / floor interface (reducing vibration and improving rigidity) can make a substantive difference.

GG

Cannot find many other choices

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the spikes that I found on Google both have adjustable tips and sound worse that the original spikes shipped with the speakers. There is a 3/8 inch to 1/4 inch converter bushing made by Manfrotto for their tripods. That seems to be my only option if I want to use the ETC spikes.

Incidentally I very strongly recommend the Yamamoto sound craft PB-10, pin point receiver ebony 4-pack for use under the spikes.

Kind regards
Will

Search the site for some outriggers - there was a place that was giving good deals on outriggers.........discussed a few years ago.

Ascent i Spikes

Search the site for some outriggers - there was a place that was giving good deals on outriggers.........discussed a few years ago.

Thanks Amey. My Ascent 1s sit on granite bases and I am not sure if outriggers will have the same stability.

Back