Martin Logan Sponsors Audiogon

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just the way you expressed it, Rich. The collective use of "we", when in fact it is you doing the talking/preaching about MLOC ethics.

Whilst I can't disagree with anything in your retort, or say I wasn't aware of any of it, it is Tom's site.

I think Chris saw it too - hence his use of the sarcasm emoticon.

Hope you see my point, at least to some extent.

Anyway - still no system post? I dunno...:D

You are good Justin , You read my post perfectly !

Not sure why ML decided to do that, but it's all good... just another way to stay informed.

Yes, I do run this site independently from ML and I think we both like it that way. If they wanted their own forum, I think they would probably approach me about purchasing the content and/or taking over here... but I don't think they have any interest in that...

Given that other electrostatic brand discussions take place here, often with the manufacturers themselves participating (which, IMHO, is all good), it's only logical that ML wouldn't want to put all their "marketing eggs" in this single "online basket." The worldwide market for ESL's (vs. dynamic speakers) is relatively small, so any mention of ESL's on the net broadens the entire market for all manufacturers.

While I joined the forum only recently (originally to purchase a center posted on the classified section) I have been viewing it for close to two years. To call audiogons board competition is to quote other members a joke. The level of knowledge and experience of some of this forums more active members, rivals that of many of Martin Logan's own staff. I would know having access to Martin Logan's dealer forum "Martin Logan University" where ML staff have a consistent presence. Although, in all fairness the lack of complexity on that forum (hope that sounds right I'm trying to describe the fact that the MLU forum isn't that in depth), could be due to the fact that the forum is populated primarily by Best Buy employees (who one can deduce are dumb as bricks after reading their post on that forum, or at the least taking a trip to their local Best Buy). Even the newbies at the ML club seem to be better educated, informed, and well mannered than the average AV forum poster. For those reasons I have recommended the forum to many clients and friends who have an interest in Martin Logans or Hifi for that matter.

Back