As ML enthusiasts, how old (or young) are WE?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old (or young) are YOU?

• 15-24

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • 25-34

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • 35-44

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • 45-54

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • 55-64

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • 65+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not telling you... all I know is that I love ML speakers! Hehehe... :)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Joey_V

Reaction score
Saw this on another forum and thought that it might be interesting to post here.

Just interested in the breakdown of age-groups who own ML speakers and have an interest in our hobby of greater audio... so if you dont mind about sharing your age then participate in our poll! If you want to make comments about when you started with audio and when you bought your first ML speakers, go right ahead! ;)

I'm 23 btw and I have been into audio for about 2 years. Started with the speakers that came for free with my Packard Bell computer, somehow ended up with my ML Mosaics 2 weeks ago, and have been in audio heaven since. All this with my summer job income. During most of the year, I go to medical school where in 3 years (including this year) I will graduate an MD. Hopefully, I get to move up to the Summits one day.

Next!! :D

Last edited:
Summits and beyond

Joey_V said:
Hopefully, I get to move up to the Summits one day
No doubt that you'll get to the Summits & high-quality setup. Heck, even a big house and a dedicated room for your set-up in the not-so-near future. What with 3 more years of med school + a few more of residency and you're on your way. The BIG question is whether you will have time to sit down and enjoy your set-up on a semi-regular basis :eek:
A few of my cousins and friends are MDs and they barely have any time on their hands for their hobbies. I'm lucky if I can squeeze in a couple hours of music listening a week, usually in the late (late) evening on weekend!

Spike

Spike said:
No doubt that you'll get to the Summits & high-quality setup. Heck, even a big house and a dedicated room for your set-up in the not-so-near future. What with 3 more years of med school + a few more of residency and you're on your way. The BIG question is whether you will have time to sit down and enjoy your set-up on a semi-regular basis :eek:
A few of my cousins and friends are MDs and they barely have any time on their hands for their hobbies. I'm lucky if I can squeeze in a couple hours of music listening a week, usually in the late (late) evening on weekend!

Spike

I'm going into ER so its shift work. I love medicine - it's the only thing I know I'm supposed to do, but, at the same time, I dont want to do ONLY medicine. I will have time, atleast I hope I will.

Hehehe :) .

Ugh. Joey your poll should be 15-25. Now I'm stuck in the second bracket and I'm STILL IN SCHOOL!

-D

Muad'Dib said:
Ugh. Joey your poll should be 15-25. Now I'm stuck in the second bracket and I'm STILL IN SCHOOL!

-D

:D

And we go to the same school it seems. I hope I see you around campus. :)

ML's began my high-end journey...

Joey,

I have been interested in speakers and stereo's, since the seventh grade. It was then, that I built, my first pair of speakers, which I hooked up to my, "Craig" clock radio..., that was in 1969-70. Soon after that, I convinced, my newspaper circulation boss, that for every three, 'new subscriptions', to the news paper, which I delivered, I would get to pick out any new record album of my choice. After, I had a collection of about 25 albums (won that way), I was on my way to being an audiophile... I was in a, 'Rock 'n Roll garage band', playing a VOX Jaguar organ, with a VOX 250 watt stack amp., which had two 12" speakers. It was alot of musical / audio fun...

I bought my first Mitubishi - VHS/VCR, in 1980. Then..., I slowly starting my first system, beginnings of a HT in 1986-90, using 'CerwinVega' and 'Sony' speakers and a, 'Kenwood' powered subwoofer, and a simple 5.1 dolby Pioneer A/V reciever. One of the first DVD's I purchased was, "The Matix", that was 700+ DVD's ago...

It wasn't till 2001, when I walked into the, Santa Rosa, CA, "Magnolia HiFi" store and listened to the, Ascent i's, for the first time, that I became hooked on the greatest sound ever... ML speakers sound incredible and this, truly interested me, in real high-end audiophile type stuff, for the first time... Currently, my, "System #57", with DVD's and CD's, I have spent close to $50,000.00 (USD).

It is more than just a hobby, it is an investment in a way of life, I really enjoy. :D :D :D

-Robin

Muad'Dib said:

-D
Well, I'm in the fourth bracket and I'm still in school... (rather, in school again).

I am done with school- finished....again 2 years ago. Now just paying student loans and enjoying the rest of my life.
If I tell when I started it may scare you but I remember when transistors came in to high end. A lot of the companies that were considered high end are now just a memory. :eek:

Jeff :cool:

Latest posts

Back