summits/on off

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

khenegar

Reaction score
I noticed today that my Summits were making clicking/ popping noises, i noticed that the power led was turning red then back to amber and while it is doing this the speaker makes a poping noise. I unplugged them and waited and plugged them back in and it is still acting up. I also disconected the speakers cables still the same thing. I emailed Jim Powers today and have not heard from him yet. any suggestions? thanks

I had the same problem with my right speaker, which I resolved by plugging them in a different outlet. Problem solved; as it turned out the first outlet was in the same path with a dimmer; although the dimmer was not directly engaging the outlet ( overhead lighting) I believe it was causing a voltage drop. The amps in the summits must be very sensitive to constant voltage. That is my uneducated explanation. Please let us know what Jim have to say about this issue. Sam

summits

Jim called me and was kind of suprised he never heard of this before. I mentioned that the left speaker was making noise and said to vacum it because the noise may be creating a charge to go thru the ground and effecting both speakers. I did as you did and plugged them into a different outlet which seemed to correct the problem. Later i put everything on a UPS and they seem ok.

That is good news , I hope that your problem is solved. Let us know if the problem comes back. I have not had any issues with mine which has been over a month. Sam

Latest posts

Back