Ooops .. I did it again...

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Double D

Well.. maybe not Britney style... :eek:

I put in an order for a new pair of Vantages today... I've spent 3 years away from Logans.. and have missed them, perhaps too much after I sold my Ascents. So, I pulled the trigger today, and will soon be back REALLY enjoying music again.. :music:
So... will post as things progress.. stay tuned..

Welcome back - it happens to everyone. Once a 'stat fan, you can never stray for long. What did you stray to? What failed to impress?

Well.... They will be replacing a pair of Verity Parsifal Ovations if things go as I suspect.. this could be the shoot out from Hades..

Well.... They will be replacing a pair of Verity Parsifal Ovations if things go as I suspect.. this could be the shoot out from Hades..

that is a pretty impressive speaker you are replacing I heard a pair of those at a friend of my brothers pretty impressive

are you sure you wont need the CLX;)

Yes, they are a really good speaker, and thankfully both will be in residence for me to sort through this.
The Verity's have some qualities that are quite exceptional, and as far as a box speaker go, they are probably one of few that a panel lover can migrate too easily.. but having said that.. there is still that "stat magic" that I've been missing (compounded by regular visits to a friends place who has ReQuests, which has rather poured salt on the wound :mad:) and I've pretty much gotten to the point that I really wanted to try this gen of Logans at home.. after much consideration, and some local listening, I decided that Vantage would be the best match for my space.... so.. they should be in house by the 22nd or 23rd.. will definately post some thoughts as this sorts itself out.

Well... the Vantages arrived early !! Got them set up last evening :D

Well.. I gotta say, straight out of the box, plunked down, no tweaking, fired up to make sure all was good... and ... :eek:
I'm feeling the love ! So, I'll be settling in for some real listening as they open up and break in a bit, but let's just say I think we have a winner ! :music:

Well... the Vantages arrived early !! Got them set up last evening :D

Well.. I gotta say, straight out of the box, plunked down, no tweaking, fired up to make sure all was good... and ... :eek:
I'm feeling the love ! So, I'll be settling in for some real listening as they open up and break in a bit, but let's just say I think we have a winner ! :music:

Enjoy, specially in dynamics...your new Vantages are very sensitive, and with low power, you can get incredible sound!...just remember, at least one meter away of their back wall, one third inside panels (use the flashlight technique) facing you and you are almost done!...happy listening,
Roberto.

Good to know the Vantages do well with low power; not usually heard about MLs.

Am kinda noting, though, that Double D has an amp that does 360 watts into 4 ohms. We don't hear about many BC-ML pairings these days, so please indulge, DD!

Yup... a friend is coming over tomorrow, and we'll get the spikes on.. work on some placement, etc.

Yes, JFM's right.. the 206 is just a "little" amp.. :ROFL: (I affectionately call it my "little U-boat" :p )but historically, the BC/ML pairing has always been pretty sweet. My time with the Ascents was wonderful, and after selling them I'd kind of been kicking myself.
I am rather surprised at how much more efficient the new Logans are, they have a greater sense of dynamic bloom, and just seem to couple with the room better than the earlier generations. Don't get me wrong, I still consider the ReQuest probably one of the best of the best, but it needs a big room than what I've got, and a very capable amp to give of it's best. I think the newer gen brings the magic of stats to a bigger potential audience.

Yup... a friend is coming over tomorrow, and we'll get the spikes on.. work on some placement, etc.

Very cool new toys! If I were you, though, I forgo spikes and placement tweaking until the speakers have fully broken in, with at least 100 hours on them.

Well... the Vantages are settling in nicely, a few niggles popped up during the settling in process, but most of that seems to have settled down.
First and foremost.. get rid of the stock power cords.. the stock ones were impairing the "quality" of the bass that the powered woofers are capable of.
Second, get the spikes on.. regardless of whether you're just "breaking them in" .. you'll reap lots in the way of focus, and image stability, and again.. it helps define the bass.
Third, either bi-wire, or shotgun bi-cable them. Really helps with coherence, and inner detailing.

After all this.. the Verity's are SOLD.. :eek: they are a fab speaker, but sorry.. I just gotta admit it.. I'm a panel kind of guy.. :D

Yes, by "shot gun" bi-cabling I mean running a set of cables from the output on your amp to the woofer input, and one to the ESL inputs.. get rid of the jumpers first.
It helps if your amp has 2 sets of speaker outputs to facilitate this.. ;)

Well.. maybe not Britney style... :eek:

I put in an order for a new pair of Vantages today... I've spent 3 years away from Logans.. and have missed them, perhaps too much after I sold my Ascents. So, I pulled the trigger today, and will soon be back REALLY enjoying music again.. :music:
So... will post as things progress.. stay tuned..

I'm glad that you are not doing it "Britney style," because then there would be no point to buying the Vantages!:ROFL:

As another Vantages owner, I say welcome to the club. You are getting most of what the Summits (not SummitsX, as I have not heard those yet) give for a fraction of the cost. BTW, I went directly from Ascent-i to Vantages.

Back