Hello from Reno,NV

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J2thedu

Reaction score
This isn't my first visit to the site, but I figured that it was time to register after I finally purchased my speakers and set up my system in my new house. ML has been my favorite speaker ever since I was introduced to it almost 4 years ago. I sell electronics through the Magnolia Home Theater insert, inside of Best Buy ( I know, I know)... I will have to take some pictures so I can add myself to the forum and finally get a chance to list all of my gear. Happy Listening :music:

This isn't my first visit to the site, but I figured that it was time to register after I finally purchased my speakers and set up my system in my new house. ML has been my favorite speaker ever since I was introduced to it almost 4 years ago. I sell electronics through the Magnolia Home Theater insert, inside of Best Buy ( I know, I know)... I will have to take some pictures so I can add myself to the forum and finally get a chance to list all of my gear. Happy Listening :music:

J2, welcome! Tell us a bit about your system. By the way, there is nothing wrong with where you work! It is an honorable job and if it puts food in the belly and a roof over your head, it's all that matters! Altho we may razz you a bit :D

Gordon

J2, welcome! Tell us a bit about your system. By the way, there is nothing wrong with where you work! It is an honorable job and if it puts food in the belly and a roof over your head, it's all that matters! Altho we may razz you a bit :D

Gordon

haha. I'm expecting the razz... lol... I just bought a pair of Puritys with a Feature center, and I use a pair of Preface floor standing speakers for the rear. I'm running the pre outs to the Puritys and feature from my Pioneer Elite VSX-82XSI, and the standard speaker rear terminals to the Prefaces. I am using a Directv HD DVR, Xbox 360 Elite, and LG BD300 Blu Ray player, all running Monster M-series HDMI. These are being run with a ML Abyss, and i'm toying with the idea of running a REL Q201e subwoofer bass system in tandem with my Abyss... hopefully I can post pictures soon.

J2, welcome.....as Gordon said , we won't 'raz' you too much for the Best Buy / Magnolia thing ! LOL ! (actually I was in one last week in De. and it wasn't half bad)

From your description it sounds like your putting together a nice rig....enjoy !!

Welcome J2thedu...

If it wasn't for Magnolia, I wouldn't be on this crazy train. I started with the Montage speakers. Now I have Spires and my mom has a killer stereo system that is rockin' every time I go over there.

Satch

The evolution of my setup...
First :
After.jpg

Second:
IMG_0381.jpg

Current:
IMG_0967.jpg
IMG_0968.jpg

Actually, I'd want to give Best Buy credit for selling some equipment that is at least a step or two above the mass-market boxes found in most national chain stores. It's a shame they don't go further up the ML line, but it's certainly understandable. The average person would never think of buying speakers that cost more than his/her television. Of course, I would never think of spending on a t.v. what I am willing to "invest" in a good preamp, amp, turntable, etc., much less my main pair of speakers. All a matter of priorities...

Back