Michael Jackson DEAD!!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A loss of life, sad.... , But his history and past will be forever remembered. People always remember you by your worst act ;)

Chris,

Have to agree with you on that position. Lost respect for the man and the artist as time went on. Too bad. May he rest in peace.

GG

People always remember you by your worst act ;)

Philosophically, I dispute that. People seem to remember you by your best acts after you're gone.

Just watch - all the tributes and celebration of his life will come out and I'd say we'll see very little about the bad - maybe just a short bit about "his life wasn't without controversey too......." as a token.

Hope he finds more peace in death than he did in life.

does this mean....like Elvis....we now have to endure all the impersonators that will be coming out of the woodwork.....spare me !

" Enemies always tell the truth and that only slander does us justice"
Pablo De Santis

does this mean....like Elvis....we now have to endure all the impersonators that will be coming out of the woodwork.....spare me !

they part that worries me is at what point in his career are they going to impersonate?

There is a lot going on in the world right now, but all I can find on the news is M.J.. O.K., I get it.

I'm not an avid MJ fan. Prince is more my flavor. I agree that it's small in the what's important to me right now category. But remember this was a man that had been entertaining the world for the last 40 years. Whatever his pitfalls or successes someone will miss him. I invite you guys to listen to his "Invincible" album on your MLs to hear some limit pushing sound.

Philosophically, I dispute that. People seem to remember you by your best acts after you're gone.

Indeed true, Nixon is more remembered for his international diplomacy than for Watergate.

Just watch - all the tributes and celebration of his life will come out and I'd say we'll see very little about the bad - maybe just a short bit about "his life wasn't without controversy too......." as a token.

Though MJ was "odd" at least, he was never convicted of anything. Luckily, in our justice system, what we think isn't adequate to convict someone.

I once saw MJ live in Las Vegas (early/mid eighties) and what I can say is he was an incredible showman, a once in a lifetime talent IMO. I'll be spinning some MJ as a remembrance.

Back