Intentional dumb question re center channel

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZ-Dog

Reaction score
Hello: I am buying a pair of ML Ascents. I do not have the money now to get a matching center channel. I have a set of Mirage OM-10 speakers now with matching center channel. The center channel itself is really very good. Good range, clear & clean highs, and not boomy - all in all a really good speaker. I will be forced to keep the center channel from the Mirage set for a while - until I can afford the high entry price of the ML center (unless you can send me one you may not need:) ). I heard that the MLs are so clean that the issue of Timbre matching is really not much of an issue. Has anyone had experience with combining center channels with ML L&R front speakers in a 5.1 surround sound set-up?

Tks.

Andy

Andy,
I think a lot of us have had at one time some mix and match. The adivse I would offer is try it and see if you can live with it. If you like then you will be fine until money come along. I know I have done it a long time ago and although not perfect I felt it was better than not having one.

You are the final judge on this.

Try it you might like it. :D

Jeff:cool:

Jeff gives good advice.

You will get those that say you have to use a ML center and that it's against the laws of nature to use something different. Some say why use a center, phantom it, and others will say who cares, 2 channel is where it's at.

Personally, I got lucky and found a "affordable" ML used Cinema, however, my rear surrounds are not ML, nor can I afford ML surrounds right now.

Use what you can afford or have until you can buy what you want.

You only need to satisfy yourself.

Last edited:
Back