Fleet Foxes

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOUNTAIN

Reaction score
Artist: Robin Pecknold, Skyler Skyelset, Christian Wargo, Casey Wescott, and Josh Tillman
Title: Fleet Foxes
Year Released: 2008
Record Label: Bella Union, Sub Pop
Genre: Indie/Other

I stumbled across this band when a friend brought over the LP and started listening. After a couple of songs I couldn't help but ask who this was and where he bought it? He let me borrow it for a couple of weeks and the more I listened to it the more I became hooked. Some of my favorite songs are: White winter Hymnal, Mykonos, Meadowlark, and Oliver James. The sound has a twist of blue grass mixed with a folk flavor along with a little medieval sort of thing. The harmony they produce is very enticing and it is suprisingly well recorded. I have not had the chance to hear this on cd yet, but I've heard tonepub remark about it sounding better than the lp version. This is a nice little gem with catchy tunes but with a more complex sound that will stick with you for days. In a good way though.:D The soundstage is nice and wide with a descent depth to the drums. These guys really are talented and I look forward to anything else they produce. Check 'em out!:music:

Glen

Attachments

• 27987510.jpg
    27987510.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 156
  • 33477344.jpg
    33477344.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
I just wanted to follow up about how the cd version of this album sounded. Tonepub is right about the lp sounding a little flat compared to the cd. This is surprising to me because usually I prefer the lp renditions compared to its cd counterpart, but in this case the cd does win sonically. However, the lp does sound quite well and is still worth having in your collection. Get both formats if you have the chance so you can listen while in the car;).

Glen