CLS IIz question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radicalsteve

Reaction score
AS I think about upgrading my Requests, the CLS IIz springs to mind. One aspect of the Requests I like is their ability to perform with my relatively loud / dynamic HT set up.

Primary use for the Requests is 2 channel vinyl, but we have integrated the HT not the 2 channel system. Low end is supported by TL woofers and there is a sub used during T applications.

My question is: can the cls iiz work at higher volumes without getting distressed? Low end bass is not an issue as I have lots of that available in other speakers which can be integrated seamlessly.

I recognize that the CLX's are the right answer ......... but $$$$$$$

Steve

Martin logans and home theater

I would run them in small with a 100hz crossover for movies.This will alleviate the spl issue without damaging the panels.This is my personal preferance for using Martin Logans for home theater.I use ML Monolith's with a Logos center for my front three channels.I run them in small with the 100hz crossover for movies.This way all low bass frequencies will be directed to your subwoofers.I do however run the left and rights in large for music.Try it and see which way you prefer.

Last edited:
Although not my cup of tea. CLS will work just fine for HT. You will need top do some X over adjusting for HT. You do not want 20 HZ at theater volume radiating through the panel. Its a fast way to ruin them. Having owned both Quest and CLS I think the CLS will be a much more room sensitive. They want room to breath. The Quest are not as bad. HT listening and 2 channel are two different things.

Latest posts

Back