How to value used MLs?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffpat00

Reaction score
I have a pair of Quest Zs, a pair of Aerius, and a Logos center channel that I'm thinking of selling. Can anyone offer some insight on how to determine a ballpark value for these spkrs? thx
Jeff

assuming they are in very good to excellent shape....50-60% of msrp for starters.

For discontinued models ? Get real...try 30 - 35% of their original
value. Used Spires are selling for about 5k on Agon (and few have
probably sold at that price).

Yeah....I suspect your correct, but if they are in excellent condition I'd still list them for say 40-50% of their respective msrp and put "OBO" behind the price !

For discontinued models ? Get real...try 30 - 35% of their original
value. Used Spires are selling for about 5k on Agon (and few have
probably sold at that price).

Spires are a current model. Summits, for example, are selling for a lower percentage of their original price.

I think the best way to go about it is just to try and find someone else selling the same models, and seeing how much they are asking and whether or not they are getting any bites.

I have a pair of Quest Zs, a pair of Aerius, and a Logos center channel that I'm thinking of selling. Can anyone offer some insight on how to determine a ballpark value for these spkrs? thx
Jeff

For models in that age-range, with original panels, I'd say you are looking at 30% of their original MSRP.

With new panels, add back in 80% of the value of the panel update if less than 2 years old. Factor the panel update by an extra 10% per year discount after that.

Of course, physical condition and environmental factors (smoking household, etc.) will further skew the numbers.

Back