Advice needed please?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ford427

Reaction score
I am considering adding a power conditioner to my two channel system for a couple of reasons. 1. to maybe clean up any 'dirty power' in the rural part of New Zealand I live in and 2. I want to protect my system from possible surges and power 'brown outs' etc that sometimes occur around here.
So what should I be looking for in a power conditioner? Can anyone recommend a good unit? What are your experiences?
Thanks in advance,
Nigel.

We have similar conditions around here in South Florida..lol

I use a device from APC that is both a multi-stage filter and a power regenerator (to maintain stable voltage in spite of brown outs). I actually have 3 of these, one for each system in the house. It's an HC10 and lists at $199 here in the states.

Hi Nigel,

This is one item that absolutely needs to be auditioned in your system. If you buy, make sure you have a return / money back option.

There are many "flavors" in this hardware category not to mention a wide disparity in prices.

In addition to tonal impacts, another issue is current limiting caused by the device. This is especially true if you plug your amplifier into the unit.

GG

Back