Power cords of different lengths on MLs.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried a 10 foot Running Springs Mongoose and a 6 foot Mongoose on my CLX's and I could not hear a difference....

Depending on where your outlets are, you may have to use different lengths.

No more than people so obssesed that they need lasers to measure speaker distances within thousandths of an inch!

I'm not that over top.....yet! Wanted to try and inject a bit of humor in an always heated subject :D

Gordon

As a footnote to this thread, I've tried a pair of WireWorld Silver Eclipse power cords on my Spire's for the past week and a half. I played all my favorites and have come to the conclusion there was no difference in the sound whatsoever. Either my ears are shot or the factory cable is fine for me! I may upgrade the cord the "jewelry" effect but audibly I found no difference.

Now putting the cables on my pre and DAC, that is a thread in itself!

Gordon

I've tried unequal lengths of the "old fashioned" Kimber powercords (the braided ones declared unacceptable by US industry standards). I used a 2m Standard Kimber Extension plus the 2m ML stock cord on one side, and a 6ft Reference Kimber power cord on the other. One of the key elements of those old Kimbers was capacitative filtering which increased as a function of length but also the number of conductors within the bundle - which was unequal here? If differences do exist then they are subtle and you might hear more difference by slightly altering the position of your head when listening!
Kind regards..................Victor

As a footnote to this thread, I've tried a pair of WireWorld Silver Eclipse power cords on my Spire's for the past week and a half. I played all my favorites and have come to the conclusion there was no difference in the sound whatsoever. Either my ears are shot or the factory cable is fine for me! I may upgrade the cord the "jewelry" effect but audibly I found no difference.

Now putting the cables on my pre and DAC, that is a thread in itself!

Gordon

In both cases I've experienced exactly the same results....

Back